Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

DWx
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Tae Kwon Do & Yang family Tai Chi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject: UFC 193 Rousey v Holm breakdown Reply with quote

Thought this way a great breakdown of the Rousey - Holm fight.

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/how-holly-holm-killed-queen-ronda-rousey

Holm's footwork and movement was really on point for the whole match.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rousey LOST!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

WOW!! No one, and I mean no one can win every time!! This might've brought her down from the clouds!!

I can't believe I missed this!

Wado Heretic
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Wado-Ryu , Kobayashi Shorin-Ryu (Kodokan), RyuKyu Kobojutsu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good break-down, and I honestly cannot add anything to it. I thought Holm had the tools to beat Rousey, as Weidman had the tools to beat Silva, but I cannot say I expected her to do so.

Must concede, I am not a big MMA fan so I missed the fight itself, but have been pestered enough by my students and old sparring partners to give an opinion so have watched it. All I can say is that Holm beat Rousey to the punch (no pun intended) each time it mattered, and although I felt Rousey was competitive through out she just never grasped the opportunities she was given to end it on her terms. That though was due to Holm's abilities, and what errors Rousey did make were forced by Holm, even the opening for the last kick; though Rousey attempting to turn on the spot with out any dynamic foot-work to create distance was perhaps a mistake all of her own.

DWx
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:

WOW!! No one, and I mean no one can win every time!! This might've brought her down from the clouds!!

Rousey didn't only lose, she was given a lesson in striking and was then KO'd in the 2nd round.

DWx
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wado Heretic wrote:
A good break-down, and I honestly cannot add anything to it. I thought Holm had the tools to beat Rousey, as Weidman had the tools to beat Silva, but I cannot say I expected her to do so.

Must concede, I am not a big MMA fan so I missed the fight itself, but have been pestered enough by my students and old sparring partners to give an opinion so have watched it. All I can say is that Holm beat Rousey to the punch (no pun intended) each time it mattered, and although I felt Rousey was competitive through out she just never grasped the opportunities she was given to end it on her terms. That though was due to Holm's abilities, and what errors Rousey did make were forced by Holm, even the opening for the last kick; though Rousey attempting to turn on the spot with out any dynamic foot-work to create distance was perhaps a mistake all of her own.

I completely agree. I didn't think Rousey was unbeatable but wasn't sure that Holm was the one to do it but she certainly gave her a lesson in boxing 101. It was like watching a bull and matador. Rousey's striking was just not up to par and she needs to spend some serious time on it if she ever entertains the idea of a rematch.

It's sad in a way given all she's done for women's MMA, but I am pleased she was beaten. I've not been a fan of her trash talking and refusing to touch gloves or shake hands is a real pet peeve of mine.

Spartacus Maximus
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shorin ryu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the thrashing she recieved will encourage her to seriously reevaluate her disgusting attitude as well, which is unworthy of a martial artist and sportsmanship. Even if that attitude was some sort of ring persona acting, it has no place in sport. The WWF, maybe but not MMA.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DWx wrote:
sensei8 wrote:

Rousey didn't only lose, she was given a lesson in striking and was then KO'd in the 2nd round.

Could it be that her previous fights were hand picked for her. She won them convincingly so, but against whom??!!??

I don't doubt here abilities, after all, she's an Olympian! She met here match with Holm!!

Rousey better do her homework much better if she expects to beat Holm!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartacus Maximus wrote:
Maybe the thrashing she recieved will encourage her to seriously reevaluate her disgusting attitude as well, which is unworthy of a martial artist and sportsmanship. Even if that attitude was some sort of ring persona acting, it has no place in sport. The WWF, maybe but not MMA.

I agree! I've never liked that part of MMA. Whenever Silva did that; I was ashamed to be a MAist. When I first saw Rousey do that, I became ashamed again. Why? Laypersons will lump you in with what they know, and what they know about the MMA is based on what's projected by the fighters as well as the promoters.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rousey’s medical suspension is for 180 days, unless she is cleared by a head CT scan. She is not to fight again for 60 days and not to have contact for 45 days. The MMA landscape might be different while she's out for these 6 months.

But as it's been said already, when Rousey does return, she'll "be a beast"; a force to be reckoned with.

mazzybear
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Wado Kai

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've said for years now, although few can rival her ground game, Rousey has no stand up game, the minute she comes up against a halfway decent stand up fighter who can control the distance she would be beaten, well Holm didn't just beat her, she destroyed her!! And to top it off, she also pretty much nulified Rousey's takedown attempts. It's a moment I've been waiting on for such a long time, her lack of respect for her opponents, her trash talking and just all round lack of humility has always really irritated me. I don't see her fairing any better in a rematch either tbh. I'd also still love to see her fight Cyborg too but, sadly, I think that's never going to happen now Holm has beaten her.

Mo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: