Add KarateForums.com
Test the New KarateForums.com! (KF Turns 23)
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Little Dragon
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: pure violence

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

opnek wrote:
Parker was the one that introduced Mr. Lee to hollywood, and started his film career (Green Hornet).
Mr. Lee would seek the advice of Mr. Parker frequently.

Yes ed parker did introduce bruce to hollywood at his demo in long beach.And yes he did ask parker for adivce because during the process of jkd bruce swaped styles a lot...and kenpo was a style he did learn eventually...but im not 100% if it was from parker.

''..During that time bruce was my kenpo instructor..''
-dan inosanto

wrestlingkaratechamp
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Brown belt shotkan karate/black belt 1st dan BJJ(8 years) high school wrestling champion

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil Baroni

opnek
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Kenpo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jbone1 wrote:
Ummm not too sure about that^^. Wasn't he one of Bruce's students also? Ed was great as was Mike Stone and Chuck back in those days. Bill Wallace great but only used his left leg.

I promise you, im not kidding:

http://home.coqui.net/jlromang/brustor2.htm
http://www.usadojo.com/bioedparker.htm
"This is not to berate Bruce. It is to point out that he wasn't some "mystical" know all see all god. He did have help. Bruce had about 88-90% to do with the shape of JKD, with James Yimm Lee, Dan Inosanto Wally Jay, Ed Parker, Jhoon Rhee and a few minor others taking the rest of the percentage (James, Dan, and Wally take the greatest percentage in that order, with the rest in descending order and very little percentage.)" - excerpt from http://www.wingchun.com/JKD.html

If you read "The Journey" it has tons of interesting facts about Lee / Parker.
http://ltatum.com/ (Scroll down to the bottom)
-
An ounce of logic can be worth more than a ton of tradition that has become obsolete through the weathering of time.

Jbone1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Ken Bo Ju Ka Ryu=Kenpo, Boxing, Jujitsu, and Karate with a foundation of Tae Kwon Do

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting thanks. I didn't get to read the journey you got to buy it. Anyway that doesn't mean Ed Parker would whoop up on Bruce.

opnek
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jbone1 wrote:
Interesting thanks. I didn't get to read the journey you got to buy it. Anyway that doesn't mean Ed Parker would whoop up on Bruce.

Im not saying he would kill Bruce, Im saying, Parkers black belts gave him a run for his money on a regular basis. Lee was an amazing fighter, im not trying to take anything away from him, Im just saying, Parker did beat him, parkers guys did beat him, and im sure Lee put a fair beat down on them as well.
-
An ounce of logic can be worth more than a ton of tradition that has become obsolete through the weathering of time.

47MartialMan
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Small Variety....."Spice of Life"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

opnek wrote:
Jbone1 wrote:

Im not saying he would kill Bruce, Im saying, Parkers black belts gave him a run for his money on a regular basis. Lee was an amazing fighter, im not trying to take anything away from him, Im just saying, Parker did beat him, parkers guys did beat him, and im sure Lee put a fair beat down on them as well.

Where did you get this info?

dippedappe
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Bujinkan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why Bruce Lee ofcause!? He was propebly the fastes fighter that time, heck, even the karate masters was unsure when he had to show of his beloved Jeet Kune Do. Plus he knew what he was talking about.
Dont fight it...you know his the best!

opnek
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

47MartialMan wrote:
opnek wrote:
Jbone1 wrote:

Where did you get this info?

Please read my above posts. It has the answer to your questions.
-

Jbone1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Ken Bo Ju Ka Ryu=Kenpo, Boxing, Jujitsu, and Karate with a foundation of Tae Kwon Do

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Why Bruce Lee ofcause!? He was propebly the fastes fighter that time, heck, even the karate masters was unsure when he had to show of his beloved Jeet Kune Do. Plus he knew what he was talking about.
Dont fight it...you know his the best!"

That's not what I'm saying. But all I know is that you can't always go by what people say. Some people talk and say things to make them look better and few speak the truth.

dippedappe
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Bujinkan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jbone1 wrote:
"Why Bruce Lee ofcause!? He was propebly the fastes fighter that time, heck, even the karate masters was unsure when he had to show of his beloved Jeet Kune Do. Plus he knew what he was talking about.
Dont fight it...you know his the best!"

That's not what I'm saying. But all I know is that you can't always go by what people say. Some people talk and say things to make them look better and few speak the truth.

I wrote my favored for the subject, Actually the some words of my reply wasnt serius. It had nothing to do with what you wrote. But what i wrote about the fastest and all that, I have read from other books and magasines not written by Bruce Lee.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8
Jump to: