Add KarateForums.com
Test the New KarateForums.com! (KF Turns 23)
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

47MartialMan
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Small Variety....."Spice of Life"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not saying he would kill Bruce, Im saying, Parkers black belts gave him a run for his money on a regular basis. Lee was an amazing fighter, im not trying to take anything away from him, Im just saying, Parker did beat him, parkers guys did beat him, and im sure Lee put a fair beat down on them as well.

Where did you get this?

Vito
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: grappling, striking

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my favorate was either ken or guile

Jbone1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Ken Bo Ju Ka Ryu=Kenpo, Boxing, Jujitsu, and Karate with a foundation of Tae Kwon Do

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ "Sonic Boom" "Hadoakin"

If you go like that I have to say Lui Kang, Scorpion, Noob saibot, Eddy Gordo, Ryu Hyabusa, and so on...

dippedappe
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Bujinkan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

47MartialMan wrote:
Im not saying he would kill Bruce, Im saying, Parkers black belts gave him a run for his money on a regular basis. Lee was an amazing fighter, im not trying to take anything away from him, Im just saying, Parker did beat him, parkers guys did beat him, and im sure Lee put a fair beat down on them as well.

Where did you get this?

Yeah. I would like to know that to?

SoonerJohn
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pei Mei

opnek
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Kenpo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

47MartialMan wrote:

Where did you get this?

How many times do I have to repeat myself?
PLEASE OPEN YOUR EYES AND READ THE POSTS I LEFT.
Book called "The Journey" has info on it, as well as the many URLs I left in previous posts. My current instructor has tons of material on Parkers encounters with Lee, etc etc etc etc.

-
An ounce of logic can be worth more than a ton of tradition that has become obsolete through the weathering of time.

dippedappe
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Bujinkan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read that Bruce Lee has never been defeated. And in his biografy there isnt anything about being defeated by that guy.

Shorin Ryuu
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shorin Ryu, Ryukyu Kobudo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to go with Sokon Matsumura. He was a true warrior, trained in many disciplines, employed his fighting talents directly in his occupation as the royal bodyguard to the Ryu Kyu royal family, and is credited with founding the Shuri-Te branches of karate. I am of the opinion that he would have simply annihilated a lot of contemporary or recent great fighters. Not that they are necessarily bad, but that he was that good. Of course, before I go on a tirade and lists tons of traditional masters like the Motobus, Chibana, Itosu, Chotoku Kyan, etc. (too late), I'll just end here.

opnek
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

47MartialMan wrote:

Where did you get this?

I just got out of a seminar with Grand Master Larry Tatum this weekend, and during his question.answer portion, the subject of Mr. Parkers relationship with Bruce Lee came up. It turns out that Bruce Lee was actually a house guest of Mr. Parker for 1 year, and during that time, they exchanged principles/ideas frequently. Thus the probable reason Lee's style has Kenpo influences, and visa versa.
-
An ounce of logic can be worth more than a ton of tradition that has become obsolete through the weathering of time.

opnek
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dippedappe wrote:
I have read that Bruce Lee has never been defeated. And in his biografy there isnt anything about being defeated by that guy.

Thats just too silly to comment on. Lee was just a man. There is always someone better. Always. He was one of the greats for sure, but not undefeatable. Your buying into commercial crap, and not doing your homework. He did study with Parker, and Parkers blackbelts did beat him on a consistent basis. There is documented proof, and I heard it from a man that HAS sparred Lee, and watched him get beaten. Just because it didnt happen in a tournament that the news media was subjected to, doesnt mean it didnt happen.
-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8
Jump to: