Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Bon
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: BJJ, Kickboxing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're all big wusses!

I had to start on the last week and make it tougher myself because the weeks preceeding that were too easy for me!

: D

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you Bon.

Difficulty is a relative term, true I find the strength parts a bit easy but I really do them slow and make sure it hurts as much as possible so I cant perform a cheated rep if I tried with all my heart. I do negatives afterwards, partial reps, drop reps, everything until I am knackered. It just happens that I wanna start at the beginning so that everything goes hand in hand and is balanced.

Yep, what a wuss I am.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Phantasmatic
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: Goju-Ryu, Shorei-Ryu, Shuri-Ryu, Kobudo, Judo, Shin-Kage Ryu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....knackered???

What in the world does that mean?

taezee
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buds training..very hard..probably the hardest physical training in the world!!..I was in the US navy for six years and spent the last two years as one of the command fitness coordinators for potsmouth naval hospital base in virginia..I took the buds entry level test and barely passed despite the shape I was in then...only reason i did not go into the buds program was they wanted me to sign on for another six years!! no black belt testing ive ever had could compare to that test..it took me about a month to completly recover from that..what you see on tv in theses documentary specials they have on seals training can really make you understand how hard that school is...its only a thirty percent chance that you will make it through...alot of tough men are broken there,,just getting in is a challange enough much less making it all the way through to recieving your trident..brutal both physically and physcologically...after all this is real life and death training your talking about..your being trained to kill..nothing else not how to score a point..not how to do self defense against someone steping into a foward stance and throwing a reverse punch..this is real life..(if you mess up you die) training..I feel that martial arts training.."real martial arts" training should be the same..and not how pretty you look when giving a demonstration..because in real combat nothing looks pretty..a jumping 360 degree spin kick dont mean nothing..and how many bricks i can break with my hand dont mean nothing..and how many medals or trhopies ive won dont mean nothing..but if i can actually use what i have and make it work..where i will survive almost any kind of attack means everything buds training is all buisness..and its all towards making you a soldier ..a fighting man..and not a man who talks alot but cant follow through with action..and we all in the martial arts world know plenty of these

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

Bon
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack, I was only joking =p
I couldn't even do the first week of cardio at this present moment.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

Bon
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your finding the pushups a little easy, you can use category II,

http://www.sealchallenge.navy.mil/workoutcont.htm

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly Taezee! I was thinking applying this training to martial arts training could really achieve something spectacular. LOL Bon I know how you feel there, petty tough, and the reason I'm sticking with category one is because I need to improve my pullups, getting the full ROM is something I need work on.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Phantasmatic
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that looks really hard!!!

searcher
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Chito-ryu(Shorin and Shorei), Isshinryu, Hawaiian Kenpo, Judo, Ryukyu Kobudo Currently studying ITF TKD

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack, I went through the Navy BUD/S workout. I used it to prepare for my Shodan test. I had some great help from the Navy in getting information and re-inforcing my drive. I also tried to become a SEAL and came up a little short of the mark. The experience was worth it all. I still use the training to keep me and my students up to par physically. If you think stage 1 and 2 are hard remember they have stages up to level 4( it is really nasty). If you complete it all you will be in the best shape of your life. Don't ever give up it is all in your head whether or not you will keep going. Good Luck to anyone who is doing this workout.

Phantasmatic
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6
Jump to: