Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Bon
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: BJJ, Kickboxing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2001 3:34 pm    Post subject: Chain punching. Reply with quote

::edit::

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

Last edited by Bon on Sat Sep 28, 2002 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Aikidoka
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Tomiki Aikido

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2001 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Cycle punches

As stated above, cycle punching is more than just hitting an opponent with rolling blows. Cycle punching actually involves every other major concept in Wing Chun, including parrying, gate punching, rotation and often trapping. Therefore the motion of the arms in cycle punching is critical! To begin, the punch must not, as is often though, begin on centerline at your own chest. It is the motion of going to centerline that affords the parrying motion, and allows the continuation on into a gate punch. Rotation must also be added to cycle punches to provide power. However, this rotation should be minimal. Also, a punch is not finished after it reaches or does not reach its target. It is not useless until it re-chambers for another strike. A returning punch can be used to drop down and parry any incoming strikes to the lower gates, and can also serve to keep an opponent’s arm pinned to their side by dropping down in its cycle and hitting the elbow of the checked arm.

Another important concept to cycle punching is the concept of circularity. Whatever the circle may be, whether it is in downward motion to bat attacks downward, or vice versa, at least a slight circle should be kept in all motion at all time. Linearity requires stopping and re-starting of motion, something that takes far to long when we are striving for efficiency.

Want to learn more?

Shaolin.com's instructional CD-ROM covering Wing Chun has the full Sil Lum Tao form with basic to advanced applications. "

This should help. Taken from http://www.shaolin.com/

"Those who shun illusion for reality, who meditate on walls and the loss of self and other, on the unity of mortal and sage, and are undeterred by written holy words are in accord with the faculty of reason."
Bodhidharma

[ This Message was edited by: Aikidoka on 2001-11-18 09:22 ]

Singularity
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2001 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize nobody has touched this post for a while, but it caught my eye. The method that I train in specializes in chain punching. I've made about 11 hits per second. If you do want more information about it, feel free to email me toelio@aol.com

Dave

ramcalgary
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2001 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

11 hits in one second wake up your dreaming. It is bozo claims like this that give the arts a bad name...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Singularity
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2001 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand if you think I'm dreaming, most people do. I'm not talking about punches necessarily, just hits. I know it sounds wierd, but I'm nothing special when it comes to this method. 16 per second is the record. There are different ways to flow your hits and different ways to hold a fist and stand that make it possible. But of course, it sounds too good to be true, so you have to assume it is, I don't blame you. It's nice to know that you're so passionate about martial arts, ramcalgary. I know how you feel sometimes. Once again, if anyone is interested feel free to email me.

Dave

Bon
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: BJJ, Kickboxing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2001 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

::edit::

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

Last edited by Bon on Sun Sep 29, 2002 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Gorgoth
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2001 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only do about 5 per second. I guess I'm slow

Jiggy9
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2001 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does one increase their speed of Chain punching? What sort of training to you do?

Singularity
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2001 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to know the truth, it's all in how you hold your fist and the technique of it. Training will make you faster, but at least with me, there was only so much I could do before I tried out a method I read in a magazine. The stuff for it is pretty expensive, but now I make 11 hits per second. If you want the website, it's http://www.thespeedman.com

Dave

Jiggy9
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2001 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn that IS expensive....$69.95 for most videos!!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: