Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Gaming, Movies, TV, and Entertainment
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Seido Juku

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neoravencroft wrote:
I really want to watch this, but I hate the idea of needing to pay $10 a month for another streaming service. I already have Netflix and Hulu. I just feel that having another one for just show is ludicrous.

Me too. If they’ve got a free trial period, I’ll wait for the season to finish airing then binge watch it during that time. Most of those services have a 7 day trial period. The frugal side of me says do that. The other side of me says if I really want to watch it, $10 isn’t too steep. I mean, movie tickets alone cost more than that. But yeah, free trial period will be the way I go if possible.

I wonder if they’ll release a whole season at once, like Netflix does with a lot of them, or if they’ll release episodes weekly or periodically.

MatsuShinshii
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Machimura Suidi Rokudan, Ryukyu Kenpo, Kobudo, Judo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JR 137 wrote:
singularity6 wrote:
I also posted about this a while back, with interest in checking it out!

How did I miss that?

Next thing I know, you’re going to tell me I posted about a dozen times in that thread, yet I don’t remember it. Getting old sucks.

To the bold... Amen!

Spartacus Maximus
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shorin ryu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe that is part of the series main idea that “getting old sucks” for Daniel and Johnny.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neoravencroft wrote:
I really want to watch this, but I hate the idea of needing to pay $10 a month for another streaming service. I already have Netflix and Hulu. I just feel that having another one for just show is ludicrous.

I don't know how they plan to release this, e.g. all at once or over a period of time, but if all at once, you could just sign up for one month (or the free trial if you've never had it), watch it all in a month and then cancel. Or if it's over time, you could wait until they are all out, or close, and then sign up for a month.

Not that you haven't already considered that idea!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartacus Maximus wrote:
Maybe that is part of the series main idea that “getting old sucks” for Daniel and Johnny.

That’s not a bad theory at all.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do want to see this. I'm interested to see how the interactions are going to change or be the same between Johnny and Daniel. We were considering getting YouTubeTV, which comes with YouTubeRed, but it isn't available in our area for some reason, so I don't know if or when I'll get to see it.

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macchio and Zabka were apparently at my organization’s honbu (headquarters) dojo for a photo shoot. No idea about any specifics. I don’t have Facebook, but a classmate showed us all the post tonight before class. We had a few good jokes about it which carried over to class. A few “sweep the leg” and “no mercy” were said during sparring.

https://m.facebook.com/worldseidokaratehonbu/?__tn__=C-R

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It premiered May 2nd (yesterday). Anyone watch it yet? Are all episodes up, or are they releasing them periodically?

XtremeTrainer
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen some episodes. From what I've seen in my opinion it's quite good although it looks like its a spoof and its not canon.

MatsuShinshii
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Machimura Suidi Rokudan, Ryukyu Kenpo, Kobudo, Judo

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw episode 1 and 2. I think they are releasing them individually.

I have fond memories of the first Karate Kid so having it based on these two is a walk through memory lane. It's starting a bit slow for me.

Spoiler ALERT! If you haven't seen them read no further.

I love the twist of Johnny being the one to rough up the neighborhood punks and saving the nerd. He is however following in his teachers foot steps of strike first, Strike hard, No Mercy.

The other twist is Daniels kids hanging with the punks and Daniel actually defending them.

Should be interesting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Gaming, Movies, TV, and Entertainment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5
Jump to: