Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

White Warlock
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: See my Intro

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be full aware that what may 'look' like it works while in the laboratory, may very well blow up in your face when placed in the real world.

Many years back, I demonstrated to my brother (a rather brilliant non-practitioner) a technique from a questionable system I was introduced to that i was attempting to understand, but which... for some reason... felt wrong. Anyway, sure enough, as I was showing it, he quickly pulled me into him and headbutted me.

and there it was...

Seriously, if you do not have a clue... don't attempt to create a clue out of nothing, for it will be hollow and not taste very good.

fireka
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: isshin-ryu, hopefully soon to study boken-do

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly I agree, which is why so much of it will be based on practical application with both martial artist of other styles and people who claim to be 'street fighters'. Anyone who claims to be able to fight, true or not ,well except a proposal for a match if there being paid with the promise that they will walk away when it's over.

But again Istress it is a largely internal art, and the internal part of it is what I work on now.

Sasori_Te
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Kempo and Kobudo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think of it this way. The only thing that you have that is going to be different is your philosophy. That may not even be different unless you really, really do your research. The human body can react in move in only a finite number of ways. There are literally thousands and thousands of martial arts systems out there. Can you be sure that none of them have the same philosophy and movements as your style? I'm not trying to discourage you if thais is what you truly want to do, but I would encourage you to do a lot more research before you even think about doing it.

fireka
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blah! Your close. Ill exbound on this latter but while i'm gonna do a lot more research im not going to not think about it yet. And if i find astyle with my philosophyi'll be like 'waa-woo!' and i'll study that style.

blitzcraig
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: National Karate/TKD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna make a wuss art like the "so called style" those street punks who are in gangs or run around in tank tops use. Just flail your arms wildly and hope you get lucky and hit the person....and if all else fails.....3 of your friends can jump in the mix.
#1"The road to tae kwan leep is an endless road leading into the herizon, you must fully understand its ways". #2"but i wanna wax the walls with people now" #1"come ed gruberman, your first lesson is here.....boot to the head" #2"ouch, you kicked me in the head", #1"you learn quickly ed gruberman"

fireka
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, hey how did you know? thats exactly the formula for my new style!

j/k

blitzcraig
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHA....I think its a universal style passed down from one trashy thug to another. But if you want to patent it...go ahead...you can have it. hehe
#1"The road to tae kwan leep is an endless road leading into the herizon, you must fully understand its ways". #2"but i wanna wax the walls with people now" #1"come ed gruberman, your first lesson is here.....boot to the head" #2"ouch, you kicked me in the head", #1"you learn quickly ed gruberman"

fireka
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"welcome everyone to the first official lesson of thug-do! Now, did you all bring your chains"

"yes sensai"

"Good, now lets work on anti-knife deffence. Karateka's think there slick, ill show you how to get past all there twisty *."

blitzcraig
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

" but sensai....what if theres 3 of them....should I gat them?"

Anyways...have you decided if your gonna give it a try or not?

fireka
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course. I can't tell my muse to go away she'll never come back! But weather it will be a full martial art, an internal art, of merely a philosophy, she hasn't said yet. Anyway I applie the main concept already but my goal is to continue on as an Isshinryu Karateka for now.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8
Jump to: