Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

niel0092 wrote:
I'm actually going to the Vikings game this week. Cant wait to beat the tar outta Detroit!

I took a chance this week, and started Brad Johnson as my fantasy QB. The Lions have been pretty bad lately, and I am going on that this week.

Have fun at the game! I got to see the Vikes and Chiefs play a preseason game at Arrowhead a few years ago. It was fun, getting to watch Culpepper and Moss, and Priest Holmes, Trent Green, and all the guys for a little while, before the scrubs went in.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Football season is here!!! Reply with quote

Whew!! Wow!! This is going to sound bad, but I don't think I have ever been more frustrated with a win before. It just seemed like it hurt, all day long!!

The defense got to Leinert when they needed too, so I think the D did a good job. They did give up a few big plays towards the end, but the 51 yard field goal was a little to much for Raekers.

The offensive line has problems! What are we going to do?? I am very worried about that, and I think the Chiefs will feel it soon.

Larry Johnson's injury was a scary one. Thank goodness he walked off on his own. Still, he may have to sit out a week, which I would not blame him for. Unfortunately, the back up running back, Michael Bennett, has been nursing hamstring injuries, so that leaves us with Dee Brown. He didn't perform all that well, but maybe if he gets some reps in practice, it will help out.

My fantasy league team is doing well, but my opponent has LaDanian Tomlinson going tonight. I made all the right calls so far, so we'll see if it pays off.

And lastly, my college team is now 0-6 on the season. Gotta keep the support, though. So, I sunder forward.

(Did I fail to mention that I like the Royals, too??)

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Injury updates: Larry Johnson was diagnosed with a strained neck, and it looks like he will be in the lineup on Sunday against the Steelers. Nickel-back Benny Sapp, however, will be out at least this week, and perhaps longer. In response, the Chiefs activated a young DB named Michael Bragg.

The big news is on Priest Holmes. He is working out currently, albeit not at a game playing level. Coach Edwards has not heard from Holmes for a while, but said that he expects him to contact him soon about his status on playing. The Chiefs have until week 12 to put Holmes on the active roster or place him on injured reserve. I really hope they activate him, and that he can comeback and contribute.

Although it seems to be Larry Johnson's team now, Holmes can still provide a boost to the offense. Imagine a two back set, with Holmes and Johnson in the backfield...yikes! It would be a defensive scheming nightmare.

And finally, one of the stalwarts of the Chief's defensive line over the past two seasons, Lional Dalton, has been cut. He knew his time was coming, because he doesn't really fit into Coach Edward's grand scheme of things. He is just not his type of player, and therefore has been replaced. Too bad, really; I enjoyed Dalton's intensity, and he played very well, even when the defense was bad the last few years.

KC at Blitzburg this Sunday....should be fun, two hard-nosed defensive units going at it. We'll see if KC's offense can step it up this week.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch. 45-7. That hurts. A lot. Really.

Well, I guess I should evaluate what the Chiefs did well this week ..............................ok, well, that didn't take long, did it!

Now, lets check the fantasy updates....well, that didn't go so well, either. Not a good week for me!

seersin
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I got hurt this week as well,13-14 loss to tha winless Bucs,that roughing the passer call on Justin Smith really hurt us.That was one of the absolute worst calls I have ever seen,that was awful.Well Carolina comes to PBS this week.We need to open up tha deep ball that has made us such a threat if we want to win.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seersin wrote:
Yeah I got hurt this week as well,13-14 loss to tha winless Bucs,that roughing the passer call on Justin Smith really hurt us.That was one of the absolute worst calls I have ever seen,that was awful.Well Carolina comes to PBS this week.We need to open up tha deep ball that has made us such a threat if we want to win.

Yeah, that roughing the passer call was bunk, IMO. They have to let them play....its a contact sport, for crying out loud!!! Pretty soon, defensive players won't even be able to look at a QB funny without getting penalized.

seersin
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it was awful,when you go from a possible fumble or 4 and goal at the 17 all the way to 1st and goal at the 2.It makes a huge difference.If they werent gonna give us the fumble(which I still think he lost the ball)then dont call some stupid penalty that cost us the game.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right, a classic old AFL West match up, finishing on a 53 yard field goal by Tynes, 30-27.

It seems like one week the Chiefs are rebuilding, and the next they may have an identity. What the Chiefs did well this week: 1. found Tony Gonzalez (and its about time!!). 2. Got Larry Johnson going. He averaged 4.7 yards per carry, and had 161 total yards of offense. He looked like the LJ of last year, and the line appeared to have some success at blocking. If they can keep it going, they may have a chance throughout the season.

Trent Green has been cleared to practice this week, but not to play yet. Huard will still get most of the snaps in practice, and will start next week as well. I must say that he has managed the games very well up to this point, and I cannot complain about his ability as a backup.

One thing that did irritate me was having the Chargers pinned on 3rd and 20, and a stop would have pinched them good. However, the defense gives up a 21 yard pass play for a first down, getting the Chargers close to field goal range. Those mistakes will come back to bite them if they are not careful.

Oh, yeah, and also giving up a 17 point lead....that urks me, too.

But, a win is a win, and they don't give style points, so I'll shut up now.

seersin
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah,back to our winning ways,Good week for me 17-14 win against tha panthers.We are now 9-0 at home against NFC teams in tha marvin lewis era,went 1-1 in my 2 fantasy leagues,got smashed in one,then smashed somebody in the other.On a side note Chris Henry comes back from his 2 game suspension as we play Atlanta.

gheinisch
KF VIP

Styles: Hon-Shin-Do - Shodan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Atlanta pulled one off this week against the Steelers. Amazing after last weeks diaster with the Giants. They actually found thier passsing game against the Steelers. Hopefully they won't forget about it this coming week.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 6 of 100
Jump to: