Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 79, 80, 81  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.
Author Message

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Joined: 23 Feb 2008
Posts: 14336
Location: Houston, TX
Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Bowl 52...U.S. Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MN...February 4th, 2018...

Eagles VS Patriots

What's your prediction, if any??

Eagles 27

Patriots 31

**Brady will retire after this SB**



_________________
**Proof is on the floor!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Lupin1
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

Joined: 15 Dec 2009
Posts: 1603
Location: NH USA
Styles: Isshinryu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a New Englander, you know I have to go with the Pats. But I have to admit I'm starting to feel a little bad for the rest of the US...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Joined: 23 Feb 2008
Posts: 14336
Location: Houston, TX
Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Bowl LII (52) is in the history books...

Eagles finally won their first SB ring by defeating the Patriots 41-33

The unexpected happened, and the kings of the NFL, as of late, the New England Patriots have been dethroned by the Philadelphia Eagles.

Time finally caught up to Tom Brady and the Patriots. Many, including myself, all ready surrendered to the strong possibility of another Patriot SB victory, increasing their dominance in the NFL. Time had better ideas...and the once king had to bow to time.

They both traded score for score for 4 quarters. Then the table tilted to the Eagle side allowing them to strip the ball away from Tom Brady, not impossible to do, but rare, especially in the closing final minutes. Brady has a reputation with winning the SB, or any game for that fact, in the final seconds; he has that air of confidence about himself that some hate and some love...He has those undeniable skills.

Once the ball was striped by the Eagles, and they drove to a TD, sealing the fate of the Patriots. However, time was also on Brady and the Patriots side, even though there wasn't much remaining on the clock. Patriots needed a TD and a 2-point conversion to force OT.

Brady drove the team as he's done time and time again; don't leave Brady any time on the clock. And if you do leave time on the clock, your fate might be sealed instead. Just mere seconds on the clock, a hail-mary to the endzone...Eagles all around the Patriot receiver...INCOMPLETE PASS...NO TIME REMAINING ON THE CLOCK!!

The King is dead!! Long live the King!! Saturday might be here, but Sunday's coming!!

The game was what I hoped for, and my congratulations go to the Eagles for fighting the good fight until that fat lady sings. Everyone knows that you can't win them all, and I know that the Patriots didn't take the Eagles lightly, nor any other team that's in the SB; the elite of the elite.

Brady might be down, but he's far from being out!! Brady and the Patriots missed on the elite roster of being a 3X SB Champs, but their legacy is intact. A wounded animal will come back with ultimate resolve...This too is Brady and the Patriots.

Decent halftime show, imho, but it was no Gaga, who brought the house down last year!! Justin Timberlake did a fine show. Pink sang the National Anthem with feeling!!

Tickets for this SB ranged from $5300 to a whopping $175,000. Many Blockbuster seats cost $15,000, but the catch there was you had to buy 2, bringing that ticket sale to $30,000!! Prices like that causes me to really appreciate the TV in my living room that much more.

The commercial didn't disappoint me either. My favorite was the Doritos Chip commercial!! All in all, the commercials were quite good!!

The NFL walks into the sun for the time being until it's training time once again!! For me, it's now the NBA, which for me means, the Lakers, which is then followed by MLB, which for me means the Yankee's!!

How about them Cowboys!!



_________________
**Proof is on the floor!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

JR 137
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

Joined: 10 May 2015
Posts: 2360
Location: In the dojo
Styles: Seido Juku

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
Super Bowl LII (52) is in the history books...

Eagles finally won their first SB ring by defeating the Patriots 41-33

The unexpected happened, and the kings of the NFL, as of late, the New England Patriots have been dethroned by the Philadelphia Eagles.

Time finally caught up to Tom Brady and the Patriots. Many, including myself, all ready surrendered to the strong possibility of another Patriot SB victory, increasing their dominance in the NFL. Time had better ideas...and the once king had to bow to time.

They both traded score for score for 4 quarters. Then the table tilted to the Eagle side allowing them to strip the ball away from Tom Brady, not impossible to do, but rare, especially in the closing final minutes. Brady has a reputation with winning the SB, or any game for that fact, in the final seconds; he has that air of confidence about himself that some hate and some love...He has those undeniable skills.

Once the ball was striped by the Eagles, and they drove to a TD, sealing the fate of the Patriots. However, time was also on Brady and the Patriots side, even though there wasn't much remaining on the clock. Patriots needed a TD and a 2-point conversion to force OT.

Brady drove the team as he's done time and time again; don't leave Brady any time on the clock. And if you do leave time on the clock, your fate might be sealed instead. Just mere seconds on the clock, a hail-mary to the endzone...Eagles all around the Patriot receiver...INCOMPLETE PASS...NO TIME REMAINING ON THE CLOCK!!

The King is dead!! Long live the King!! Saturday might be here, but Sunday's coming!!

The game was what I hoped for, and my congratulations go to the Eagles for fighting the good fight until that fat lady sings. Everyone knows that you can't win them all, and I know that the Patriots didn't take the Eagles lightly, nor any other team that's in the SB; the elite of the elite.

Brady might be down, but he's far from being out!! Brady and the Patriots missed on the elite roster of being a 3X SB Champs, but their legacy is intact. A wounded animal will come back with ultimate resolve...This too is Brady and the Patriots.

Decent halftime show, imho, but it was no Gaga, who brought the house down last year!! Justin Timberlake did a fine show. Pink sang the National Anthem with feeling!!

Tickets for this SB ranged from $5300 to a whopping $175,000. Many Blockbuster seats cost $15,000, but the catch there was you had to buy 2, bringing that ticket sale to $30,000!! Prices like that causes me to really appreciate the TV in my living room that much more.

The commercial didn't disappoint me either. My favorite was the Doritos Chip commercial!! All in all, the commercials were quite good!!

The NFL walks into the sun for the time being until it's training time once again!! For me, it's now the NBA, which for me means, the Lakers, which is then followed by MLB, which for me means the Yankee's!!

How about them Cowboys!!




It was a great game. Foles and Ertz along with the rest of the Eagles really impressed me. So did the Patriots.

As for the Cowboys, they’re currently undefeated, so they’ve got that going for them, which is nice
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

mushybees
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Joined: 16 Nov 2014
Posts: 196
Location: UK
Styles: Wado ryu

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Pats fan I'm wallowing in it today but it was a great game.
The patriots defense was awful and out matched.
The offense aquitted itself admirably, Brady had over 500 yards passing without our best deep threat for 3 tds and no ints. If that's succumbing to father time then I'm looking forward to september.

The Eagles played a very good game and it's hard not to feel happy for Nick Foles. Journeyman to SB champion.

Oh well, time to turn the page on another good season. You can't win them all but let's try again next year!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

JR 137
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

Joined: 10 May 2015
Posts: 2360
Location: In the dojo
Styles: Seido Juku

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mushybees wrote:
As a Pats fan I'm wallowing in it today but it was a great game.
The patriots defense was awful and out matched.
The offense aquitted itself admirably, Brady had over 500 yards passing without our best deep threat for 3 tds and no ints. If that's succumbing to father time then I'm looking forward to september.

The Eagles played a very good game and it's hard not to feel happy for Nick Foles. Journeyman to SB champion.

Oh well, time to turn the page on another good season. You can't win them all but let's try again next year!


The Eagles’ defense wasn’t exactly stellar either. They made one big play. Granted, it was at the most important moment (which is what makes great “great”), but I think both teams struggled defensively.

Struggled might be a strong word though. I think both teams played very conservative on defense, trying not to give up too many big plays. It seemed like they were ok with allowing a long drive and tried to tighten up significantly in the red zone. The 1,100+ yards of combined total offense makes me think both teams were playing a “bend but don’t break” defense. Add to that both QBs had stellar games and the receivers didn’t drop anything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Joined: 23 Feb 2008
Posts: 14336
Location: Houston, TX
Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JR 137 wrote:
As for the Cowboys, they’re currently undefeated, so they’ve got that going for them, which is nice

Yes, that's true, until next season begins. Oh I can't believe I just said that with me being a Cowboy fan...washing out my mouth!!



_________________
**Proof is on the floor!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Joined: 31 Mar 2006
Posts: 27701
Location: Hays, KS
Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JR 137 wrote:
mushybees wrote:
As a Pats fan I'm wallowing in it today but it was a great game.
The patriots defense was awful and out matched.
The offense aquitted itself admirably, Brady had over 500 yards passing without our best deep threat for 3 tds and no ints. If that's succumbing to father time then I'm looking forward to september.

The Eagles played a very good game and it's hard not to feel happy for Nick Foles. Journeyman to SB champion.

Oh well, time to turn the page on another good season. You can't win them all but let's try again next year!


The Eagles’ defense wasn’t exactly stellar either. They made one big play. Granted, it was at the most important moment (which is what makes great “great”), but I think both teams struggled defensively.

Struggled might be a strong word though. I think both teams played very conservative on defense, trying not to give up too many big plays. It seemed like they were ok with allowing a long drive and tried to tighten up significantly in the red zone. The 1,100+ yards of combined total offense makes me think both teams were playing a “bend but don’t break” defense. Add to that both QBs had stellar games and the receivers didn’t drop anything.


I agree with you here. This game came down to who was going to have the ball last, and when the Eagles scored but gave Brady and the Pats a little over two minutes to drive, I was sure they were going to score and win. That fumble happened right when it needed to for the Eagles. Congrats to the Eagles and their fans on winning their first Super Bowl. Hopefully, they won't wait as long as the Chiefs do to win their second...

Congrats to Tom Brady on playing in 8 Super Bowls. Think about that, that is half of a regular season's worth of games played in the Super Bowl! He's played almost a full season's worth of games in the AFC title games. It will be interesting to see how much longer he can keep this up.
_________________
www.haysgym.com
http://www.sunyis.com/
www.aikidoofnorthwestkansas.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Joined: 23 Feb 2008
Posts: 14336
Location: Houston, TX
Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's time for some NFL, and my poor Cowboys are off to a rocky rough tough start, and thus far, and when you combine Pre-Season AND Regular Season, they've managed to win 1. Not good, but not bad because they could've loss them all.

I know Pre-Season doesn't mean anything to many NFL fans, but Pre-Season does give their fans, like me, a glimpse into this seasons future. Right now, the future looks bleak, but not hopeless...yet.

Here's how it went down...

Pre-Season:

Cowboys 21
49ers 24

Bengels 21
Cowboys 13

Cardinals 27
Cowboys 2

Cowboys 6
Texans 14

Pre-Season record: 0-4



Regular Season:

Cowboys 8
Panthers 16

Giants 13
Cowboys 20

Cowboys 13
Seahawks 24

Regular Season record, thus far: 1-2



Next...

Lions VS Cowboys at the AT&T Stadium in Arlington, TX...12:00PM kick-off...Hopefully the Cowboys will get the 'W' for that .500.

How'd your team do so far??


How about the COWBOYS!!!!!



_________________
**Proof is on the floor!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Joined: 23 Feb 2008
Posts: 14336
Location: Houston, TX
Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowboys WIN...again!!

An up and down battle today between the Lions and the Cowboys; a nail bitter and a yawner at the same time; the Lions scored 2 times in the 4th quarter to the Cowboys' 1 TD...Lions tried but to no avail.

Back and forth sea-saw had it's makings of boredom, but as it's often said in any sporting activity..."That's near 1 hour of boredom followed by near 3 minutes of excitement!!"

But Dallas woke up the fans when mere minutes remained. Deep at their 25-yard line with 2:17 remaining, Prescott systematically marched down the field, with the roar of the crowd, and in my living room, Prescott found Elliott along the right sideline for a huge 34-yard gain down with a on-the-money pass to the Detroit 25-yard line. One play here and one play there, it was time for the field goal team to take the field for a 38-yard field goal attempt by Maher...tensions up and fans on the edge of their seats...Maher surgically divided the uprights...as the hero for the Cowboys and its fans...and that's the near 3 minutes of excitement.

Cowboys 26
Lions 24

Cowboys are now .500 with a 2-2 record, while the Lions .250 slide to a 1-3 at the AT&T Stadium in Arlington, TX.

Cowboys travel to Houston, TX, just a 4 hour drive south on I-45, to meet the 1-3 Texans at the NRG Stadium. I believe that the Cowboys will escape that close game by their skin, as well.

GO COWBOYS!!



_________________
**Proof is on the floor!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 80 of 81
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


< Advertising - Contact - Disclosure Policy - Staff - User Guidelines >