Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Chiefs pulled off a huge win last night on MNF against division rival Denver, and move to 4-0.

Patrick Mahommes is the real deal, and I have to say, I haven't been this high on a player in forever. I think KC has found a true franchise QB that can carry the team for the next decade. They've got a great running back in Kareem Hunt, and Spencer Ware is a fine back, too. Tyreek Hill is a special dude, and Travis Kelce is one of the top TEs in the league. The future is bright for the KC offense, and I feel confident in saying that KC has a window...

But that defense is HORRIBLE. It has to be shored up quickly, or the opportunity to really make some noise in the NFL will be squandered. Watching that defense last night was just sickening. They made a few stops when it counted, but teams have been chewing that defense up all season long. They won't be able to outscore everyone.

I am excited, though. Its a lot of fun to watch.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
The Chiefs pulled off a huge win last night on MNF against division rival Denver, and move to 4-0.

Patrick Mahommes is the real deal, and I have to say, I haven't been this high on a player in forever. I think KC has found a true franchise QB that can carry the team for the next decade. They've got a great running back in Kareem Hunt, and Spencer Ware is a fine back, too. Tyreek Hill is a special dude, and Travis Kelce is one of the top TEs in the league. The future is bright for the KC offense, and I feel confident in saying that KC has a window...

But that defense is HORRIBLE. It has to be shored up quickly, or the opportunity to really make some noise in the NFL will be squandered. Watching that defense last night was just sickening. They made a few stops when it counted, but teams have been chewing that defense up all season long. They won't be able to outscore everyone.

I am excited, though. Its a lot of fun to watch.

Great MNF that was way over due, imho, and great game recap, Brian.

A back and forth game, for sure, as both teams traded field goals and TD's, albeit the Broncos ran out of gas with only a field goal to show for their 4th quarter efforts. Meanwhile, the Chiefs maintained a full tank of gas with their 2 TD's, which was needed because had the Chiefs only managed a TD and a field goal, they would've had to go into OT. However, the Chiefs had that put-up-or-shut-up AND go-strong-or-go-home attitude about themselves, and they weren't going to be denied the 'W' at the closing gun of the 4th quarter, on which the Chiefs are undefeated, 4-0, while the Broncos bucked their record to 2-2.

I have always appreciated everything about the Chiefs across the board, and many times whenever my Cowboys were forced to watch the playoffs on their TV's at home, and the Chiefs were on the gridiron defending their playoff rights, I always cheered for the Chiefs on to the SB without any reservation.

GO COWBOYS!!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Field Goals!! Double OT!! Cowboys!! Texans!! 16-19!!

One winner...one who didn't win!!

Texans 19
Cowboys 16

A game that many, besides myself, thought that the Cowboys would get the big 'W', and not the big 'L', but the big 'L' is exactly what they got deservingly so. As a fan of the Cowboys, is that America's Team ran out of gas.

That lose dropped their record to 2-3, which is now, by no surprise, what the Texans are at...2-3.

The game between these two from the Lone Star State was a grueling one on both sides of the ball. Cowboys, despite that loss, are still in the run for NFC East, their defense was right on the money, and their kicker, Brett Maher, who is it hadn't been for his golden deadly accuracy, the Cowboys would've only scored 7, and not the other 9 points, and there wouldn't have been no reason for 1 OT, let alone 2 OT's.

It was a rough loss, but, what's done is done, and now it's time to put all of that behind them, and learn from what the Texans hopefully taught the Cowboys.

Time to focus on next weeks game against the 3-2 Jaguars in the Billion Dollar AT&T Stadium in Arlington, TX, 10/14/2018, kickoff at 3:25PM.

I've my fingers crossed for a early birthday present for myself!!

GO COWBOYS!!

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was starting to think that game was going to end in a tie. These 10 minute OTs is not the way to go, in my opinion.

KC's game against the Bengals got flexed to the Sunday night slot, so over the course of the next two weeks, "Showtime Mahommes" will get the chance to prove himself again, first with the Patriots, and then against the Bengals. KC will stumble somewhere soon, and these are two tough challenges.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
I was starting to think that game was going to end in a tie. These 10 minute OTs is not the way to go, in my opinion.

KC's game against the Bengals got flexed to the Sunday night slot, so over the course of the next two weeks, "Showtime Mahommes" will get the chance to prove himself again, first with the Patriots, and then against the Bengals. KC will stumble somewhere soon, and these are two tough challenges.

If KC doesn't stumble, I'll be cheering them on and on and on; my Cowboys are stumbling already!!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How'd YOUR team do last week??

The Cowboys hosted the 3-2 Jaguars; 40-7.

If it hadn't been for the one and only TD by the Jaguars midway in the 3rd quarter, you'd not even know that they were in attendance at the AT&T Stadium.

The Cowboys took the Jaguars to the task as though the Cowboys actually believed in the old adage that rings out loud and true - "It's not over until the fat lady sings" by scoring almost at will.

10-14-6-10...no, these aren't my gym locker combo, but how many points that the Cowboys scored each quarter against their bewildered opponent. Interceptions can turn a game from a hopeful possibility win to a down spiral loss. ALbeit, Jacksonville's QB, Blake Bortles, only threw 1 of those against triple coverage, and 1 turnover. However, the Jaguars couldn't find a positive foothold on the gridiron if their life depended on it that Sunday.

Stats don't lie, even though they can sway opinions:

Total yards

Jaguars...204
Cowboys...378

Turnovers

Jaguars...2
Cowboys...0

Possessions

Jaguars...23:10
Cowboys...38:50

1st Downs

Jaguars...10
Cowboys...23

Or...maybe stats DO tell the story much more than one might realize...as it might be in this case!! This win brings the Cowboys record to 3-3, and the Jaguars loss dropped them to 3-3.

Next week, the Jaguars host the 3-3 Texans, and the Cowboys fly to the 3-2 Washington.

GO COWBOYS!!

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC keeps rolling, and that offense is something else. Unfortunately, so is the defense. That will be what holds them back.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I can't believe I didn't go crazy on this thread in January! Time to wake it up. So, the Chiefs are the defending Super Bowl Champions (I finally get to say that). That game against the 49ers was just something else. Mahomes is just fantastic, and is never out of a game. The comeback, and the finish, of that Super Bowl....so memorable, and it has been worth the wait.

Now, here we are in 2020, and KC has opened the season 2-0. A convincing victory over Houston in week 1, and then an absolutely terrible showing for three quarters against the Chargers in week 2. Lucky to be 2-0. Herbert had a fantastic debut, but Mahomes Magic happened again, and they pulled that one out of their behinds.

Week 3 is going to be a tough road game to Baltimore to take on the Ravens and that talented offense and defense. Hopefully, KC gets some things worked out this week, and perform more like week 1 than week 2. They'll need to against that Ravens team.

How's your team doing so far?

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Mahomes shined in Primetime again, and the Chiefs move to 3-0. The hits keep on coming, though, with the Patriots coming to town in week 4. It's the late afternoon game too, so another showcase showdown.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're over halfway through the season. What's everyone's thoughts so far? How is your team doing?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 81 of 100
Jump to: