Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 100, 101, 102  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird looking at near empty to empty stands this year for the NFL.

My team, The Cowboys are doing great, if going backwards is a great thing. Well, my Cowboys are stacking up...that entire wrong direction...3-7. Their win against the Vikings was almost another game for the 'L' column. I'm glad they found the 'W' side, but I was on the edge of my seat wondering and wondering as to the outcome.

The entire NFC East records are dismal beyond dismal. The first place Eagles are touting a record of 3-6, while the remaining teams in that division are 3-7, with the Cowboys proudly holding last place.

Looking at the rest of the NFL teams' records sends shivers down my spine because whomever wins the NFC East would be fortunate and miraculous to get by round 1 of the playoffs.

::SMH:: ::Face Palm::

Injuries are an expected occurrences in the NFL, and when one of the injured is the starting QB early in the season, the game of playing QB shuffle begins, but with fingers crossed. First Prescott out with an ankle, then Dalton out with the Covid-19, then Rush took over QB duties, and walked us into multiple losses. Dark clouds turned from gloomy to head-in-the-sand.

Remaining schedule for the Cowboys isn't something to smile about. Washington, Ravens, Bengals, 49ers, Eagles, and Giants, in that order. While those teams share the bottom of the standings in their respective divisions, except the 6-4 Ravens, not one of those teams have nothing to lose and everything to gain by handing the Cowboys many more in the 'L' column.

Do I have faith in the Cowboys to turn things around and end the 2020 seasons with their heads held high? But of course, after all, I'm a Cowboy fan for life. I'm just disgruntled just a tad bit, which might be expected when you experience your team fumble when they shouldn't, but, that's to be expected from time to time to time to time to, well, HOW ABOUT THEM COYBOYS.

As optimistic that this season is shaping out to be, I have to hope and pray that this season ends 9-7...and then I work up!!

HOW ABOUT THEM COWBOYS!?!?

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that NFC East is not good this year. It's almost criminal to think that a team with 9 or 10 wins is going to miss the playoffs due to the fact that the NFC East division winner will get in. But, that's a problem for the NFL to deal with.

The Chiefs are rolling right along, with that one agonizing loss to the rival Raiders (and close to another one the other night). The defense is worrying me right now, and so does the lack of the running game a little bit. I honestly think that Edwards-Helaire would have better production running the ball if Mahomes was under center more, but I don't think that's going to change much.

All in all, though, I can't be disappointed with how the season is going so far, and I look forward to what's to come!

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the regular season is winding down! KC pulled off a win in the most undesirable fashion; watching a sure-footed kicker miss his first FG attempt in 50 some tries. They were quite fortunate. The offense STANK today! But, they pulled it off, and secured the #1 seed in the AFC, and the first round bye.

But, congrats to Travis Kelce on breaking the single season Tight End yardage record. Now, it will be interesting to see how the Chiefs approach week 17. I'd like to see Mahomes play, if only long enough to secure the passing yardage crown. That, and they need to get the offense in sync before heading into a bye week.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to bring this one back! The Kansas City Chiefs are Super Bowl LVII Champions!

What a game that was! Trailing most of the game, and Philly absolutely controlled the clock. Jalen Hurts had a monster game, and that guy is here to stay; he'll have a long and productive career. But Patrick Mahomes is just the man. It was nerve racking at the end of the game, to be sure...I give Coach Reid props for putting his trust in Butker to come out with the win!

Anyway, great game, and another title for the Chiefs!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I can say is GO CHIEFS!! Every time the Chiefs and the Cowboys are in the playoffs, and the Cowboys are eliminated, I always support the Chiefs, like I did this year all the way to winning the Super Bowl 57.

Great how the Chiefs controlled the final seconds that led them to the winning field goal and gave the Chiefs the win at Super Bowl 57.

Living in Las Vegas these past 2 years, I can now smile that Vegas will be hosting Super Bowl 58 next year, not that I can afford to get a SB ticket. Carr was released today, so the Raiders need another starting QB.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious as to if the Raiders believe Stidham is the answer. Of course, as per usual, there will be a QB carousel with plenty of options up for grabs in free agency.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that Stidham will be considered by the Raiders at the new starting QB, but like you said the QB carousel offers a lot of options for the Raiders front office to consider. If the raiders don't resign Stidham, then what will be left is Garbers who spent a lot of time on the Raiders practice squad before he was called up.

Raiders’ final two games of the 2022 season. Stidham completed 53-of-83 passes for 656 yards with four touchdowns and three interceptions and ran for 84 yards on 14 carries against two of the NFL’s best teams as the Raiders lost 37-34 to the 49ers and 31-13 to the Chiefs.

Carr visited the Saints last weekend, but beyond that, no teams have picked him up as of yet. 9 years with the Raiders is nothing to scoff at and neither are his stats. I thought for sure that McDaniels would've been let go first, if at all, but he survived the rath of the front office. Carrs release was a $40M decision that saved the Raiders pocketbook, and in the NFL, money talks.

In the NFL, the saying of Not For Long usually is reserved for Head Coaches.

Time will tell. GO COWBOYS!!

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carr also visited the Jets. The biggest shoe to drop this offseason will be what Rodgers finally decides to do. I wonder a) how long he'll attempt to hold the Packers ransom, and b) how long the Packers will put up with it.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last I read just the other day, that there are a possible 9 teams where Rodgers might end up at if he and/or the Packers decide it's time to leave Lambeau Field for greener pastures, if any more exist for Rodgers NFL career is concerned.

Imho, it's time for him to hang up his cleats, helmet, and shoulder pads, even though Brady believes that Rodgers is good for the NFL, which to me means that Brady wants to have the retirement spotlight on him and him alone. Rodgers have been in the NFL for 18 seasons.

Just last year Packers GM Gutekunst was convinced that it was time for the Packers to release Rodgers.

Your questions Brian is very valid, and I too wonder which one, if any, will come true.

DarthPenguin
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan, Judo, BJJ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah congrats to the Chiefs, it was one of the best superbowls i can remember for a long time!

Is also the first time in ages i have thought that there was a genuine case for the MVP going to a player on the losing team - personally i thought Hurts was the best player on the day by a decent margin (fumble aside).

Superb game though and was nice to see the Philly cornerback admit that it was a penalty and was fair to call it - thought that was pretty classy on his part
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 100, 101, 102  Next
Page 82 of 102
Jump to: