Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 100, 101, 102  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.
Author Message

DarthPenguin
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Joined: 03 Dec 2021
Posts: 908
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Styles: Shotokan, Judo, BJJ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be a lot of decent quarterbacks available this off-season for the Raiders to pick from. I think the Packers might finally have had enough of Rodgers - while he was winning 13 games and collecting MVPs it was hard to let him go but he looked like he had slipped slightly this year. 49ers will likely let a decent one go too : if they are happy that Purdy wasn't a flash in the pan then it's between him and Lance for QB1. Likely that Garropolo is the one available but he has shown he is willing to stay as a decent paid backup : Lance might not accept that and might come up.

Am looking forward to this season, though as a Bill fan we are close to the window closing : need to get a decent running back ASAP and hope that we get over the hump this year as a lot of guys will be needing paid soon!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Joined: 31 Mar 2006
Posts: 30208
Location: Hays, KS
Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Jimmy-G is gone. Purdy is supposedly laid up until late into next season, so it's going to give Trey Lance the chance to shine. Once Purdy is healthy, they will have to make some decisions. If their season is in the tank, then I could see them letting Purdy start, to see if he still has it, and then use the first half of the season to evaluate Lance, then decide who to shop. If they are winning with Lance when Purdy comes back, then that will be tough, too. Do you keep rolling with the guy that got you there, or go back to the guy that brought on success the year before? Their is more money tied up in Lance right now, so they have to figure out what they have in him.

The Bills will have some players due up soon. The Vaughn Miller signing was working out well the first part of the season. It will be interesting to see how they move forward.
_________________
www.haysgym.com
http://www.sunyis.com/
www.aikidoofnorthwestkansas.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Joined: 31 Mar 2006
Posts: 30208
Location: Hays, KS
Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthPenguin wrote:

Is also the first time in ages i have thought that there was a genuine case for the MVP going to a player on the losing team - personally i thought Hurts was the best player on the day by a decent margin (fumble aside).


Hurts's performance was outstanding. I don't know that I'd say he was the better quarterback; his stats were off the charts. But with the lesser amount of time that the Chiefs had possession, Mahomes made the most out of that time.

Hurts is a stud. He's going to get a nice contract out of this deal, and the way he's improved over the past few years has been awesome to watch.
_________________
www.haysgym.com
http://www.sunyis.com/
www.aikidoofnorthwestkansas.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

DarthPenguin
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Joined: 03 Dec 2021
Posts: 908
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Styles: Shotokan, Judo, BJJ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
I think Jimmy-G is gone. Purdy is supposedly laid up until late into next season, so it's going to give Trey Lance the chance to shine. Once Purdy is healthy, they will have to make some decisions. If their season is in the tank, then I could see them letting Purdy start, to see if he still has it, and then use the first half of the season to evaluate Lance, then decide who to shop. If they are winning with Lance when Purdy comes back, then that will be tough, too. Do you keep rolling with the guy that got you there, or go back to the guy that brought on success the year before? Their is more money tied up in Lance right now, so they have to figure out what they have in him.

The Bills will have some players due up soon. The Vaughn Miller signing was working out well the first part of the season. It will be interesting to see how they move forward.


Yeah that all makes sense. Will be interesting to see if Purdy has just suddenly 'got it' and confounded the draft predictions or if he will become anothe Matt Cassell (one great season at New England and converted that into a decent contract and was never too great)

They may have gotten lucky and got the next Drew Brees - in my head he is the posterchild for someone who shouldn't make it at QB and is great
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

DarthPenguin
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Joined: 03 Dec 2021
Posts: 908
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Styles: Shotokan, Judo, BJJ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
DarthPenguin wrote:

Is also the first time in ages i have thought that there was a genuine case for the MVP going to a player on the losing team - personally i thought Hurts was the best player on the day by a decent margin (fumble aside).


Hurts's performance was outstanding. I don't know that I'd say he was the better quarterback; his stats were off the charts. But with the lesser amount of time that the Chiefs had possession, Mahomes made the most out of that time.

Hurts is a stud. He's going to get a nice contract out of this deal, and the way he's improved over the past few years has been awesome to watch.


Yeah thats all fair. Mahomes did as much as he could but stats wise he didn't seem to be as good as usual (though he pulled it out when it counted throughout).

Mahomes was the safe pick for MVP and can't really disagree but i just think it would have been nice for Hurts to get it. Will be interested to see if he has made the genuine leap to top tier QB or if it is a Carson Wentz style great season with a drop off again afterwards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Joined: 23 Feb 2008
Posts: 16454
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What got my attention with the 49ers during this SB was the power and surety of their QB Sneak; quite unstoppable...at will. Chiefs couldn't stop that driving force. I can't remember if and when I've ever seen sure a dominated QB sneak in the NFL.



_________________
**Proof is on the floor!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

DarthPenguin
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Joined: 03 Dec 2021
Posts: 908
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Styles: Shotokan, Judo, BJJ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Eagles also are a lot more willing to go for it on 4th down. There were some interesting discussions on how this could change the league and the role of the punter. There are already a few teams that go for it more often on 4th down when they are near to midfield as the net gain from a punt might not be too much if a touchback
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Joined: 23 Feb 2008
Posts: 16454
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd, for one, would love to see more teams go for it on 4th down and all that it might usher in what's new and effective for the Coaches play calls. Fans have been upset at the coaching staff when they punt and not take that given gamble. If they don't make the first down, then defense better do their job to get the ball back through downs.



_________________
**Proof is on the floor!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Joined: 31 Mar 2006
Posts: 30208
Location: Hays, KS
Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
I'd, for one, would love to see more teams go for it on 4th down and all that it might usher in what's new and effective for the Coaches play calls. Fans have been upset at the coaching staff when they punt and not take that given gamble. If they don't make the first down, then defense better do their job to get the ball back through downs.




Fans may grumble about it, but fans aren't in the building studying this stuff 5 days a week, and fans don't have to worry about losing their jobs if they make the wrong decisions.

Quote:
Mahomes was the safe pick for MVP and can't really disagree but i just think it would have been nice for Hurts to get it. Will be interested to see if he has made the genuine leap to top tier QB or if it is a Carson Wentz style great season with a drop off again afterwards


I think if Hurts hadn't missed some playing time, he would have won the MVP. I also think he's here to stay; no Wentz dropoff. Hurts has improved vastly over the past three seasons. I don't know how much more improvement he can make, but he's shown that he can carry a team to the ultimate prize.
_________________
www.haysgym.com
http://www.sunyis.com/
www.aikidoofnorthwestkansas.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Joined: 23 Feb 2008
Posts: 16454
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
sensei8 wrote:
I'd, for one, would love to see more teams go for it on 4th down and all that it might usher in what's new and effective for the Coaches play calls. Fans have been upset at the coaching staff when they punt and not take that given gamble. If they don't make the first down, then defense better do their job to get the ball back through downs.


Fans may grumble about it, but fans aren't in the building studying this stuff 5 days a week, and fans don't have to worry about losing their jobs if they make the wrong decisions.

Unarguable point there, Brian. It appears that the 49ers aren't worried about losing because they handled that QB sneek like they were born doing that right from the gate.

I also agree that fans have nothing to lose like those that work for the team. Here today, gone tomorrow, aka, Not For Long.



_________________
**Proof is on the floor!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 100, 101, 102  Next
Page 83 of 102
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


< Advertising - Contact - Disclosure Policy - DMCA - Staff - User Guidelines >