Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97 ... 100, 101, 102  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

KarateKen
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: Karate

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
KarateKen wrote:

Strange to me that Bill Belichick only got interviewed by Atalanta. There were six or seven teams looking for a HC, seems bizarre to me that with such an impressive resume nobody else even had him in for an interview. Not sure what the story is there.

His Super Bowl resume is outstanding. His draft pick rating over the course of the past few years has not been impressive. I don't think there are many teams that have done a decent job identifying and drafting talent over the past few years want to give up that aspect of control, and that is part of the control that Bilicheck wants.

I saw a new story the other day that I don't think has any credence to it at all in which the author stated he thinks there's a high probability that Reid retires after this year and Bilicheck takes over as KC's new head coach. I don't think there is any way that happens, because Brett Veach has done a fantastic job of signing and drafting players. I also don't think Reid retires after this year. I think he has a few more years in him.

I agree that Bill's track record in recent years has been questionable at best, that is why he is no longer with the Patriots. But not even an interview for a guy who has over 300 wins, six SB titles, and is possibly the most knowledgeable person on earth about the game of football? If teams don't hire him because he wants to make too many changes, that is their call, and from what I hear that is what happened in Atlanta. These other teams will not even do an interview even though Bill has a more impressive resume, and experience than the people they hired? Seems strange.

That being said when a head coach has been fired twice, and now Bill has, teams are usually moving on. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a HC who was fired twice and got another chance, though I thought Bill would be the exception. Maybe he goes to TV for a year and comes back? Time will tell.

I have not heard the rumors about Andy retiring but I guess it is not surprising. He is in his mid 60s and has nothing left to prove, a clear first ballot HOF coach, and if they beat SF maybe he goes out on top. Can't blame him. He seems like an easy guy to root for, the one person I have talked to who met him said he was a friendly, fun loving type dude.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Current predictions of Super Bowl 58 thus far with just a week remaining for kick-off...

Chiefs have a 46.1% winning chance.
49ers have a 53.9% winning chance.

Chiefs are 1.5 underdog. Numbers still might change before the coin-toss.

Of course, how many sports predictions change at the games end.

I believe that it'll be a close game with the Chiefs winning their 3rd Super Bowl.

GO CHIEFS!!

DarthPenguin
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan, Judo, BJJ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
KarateKen wrote:

Strange to me that Bill Belichick only got interviewed by Atalanta. There were six or seven teams looking for a HC, seems bizarre to me that with such an impressive resume nobody else even had him in for an interview. Not sure what the story is there.

His Super Bowl resume is outstanding. His draft pick rating over the course of the past few years has not been impressive. I don't think there are many teams that have done a decent job identifying and drafting talent over the past few years want to give up that aspect of control, and that is part of the control that Bilicheck wants.

I saw a new story the other day that I don't think has any credence to it at all in which the author stated he thinks there's a high probability that Reid retires after this year and Bilicheck takes over as KC's new head coach. I don't think there is any way that happens, because Brett Veach has done a fantastic job of signing and drafting players. I also don't think Reid retires after this year. I think he has a few more years in him.

Yeah Belichick is/was a fantastic HC but is really a lousy GM. That will be being a major issue i think with his hiring. Only thing that would get over it would be if an already very built team falls into his lap and he accepts the job without drafting control to try and get the 2 rings he needs to leapfrog Brady! If something like the Bills, Chiefs or Eagles opened up i could see him seriously considering it!

As for Andy Reid i doubt very much that he will retire anytime soon. He knows he has the golden Ticket in Mahomes and can use it to really improve his HoF plaque! He is now adding the SB wins to go with all the regular season achievements to start moving him up the all time rankings!

DarthPenguin
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
Current predictions of Super Bowl 58 thus far with just a week remaining for kick-off...

I believe that it'll be a close game with the Chiefs winning their 3rd Super Bowl.

GO CHIEFS!!

Personally i have it as a 3pt game with the winner flip flopping in my head all the time!

If asked to make a call i would go 31-28 Niners. McCaffrey to win MVP with 2 TDs and 170 combined yards! Purdy to be solid, and Mahomes to have one more giveaway which ends up costing them in the end

KarateKen
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only care who wins the coin toss.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KarateKen wrote:
Why is that?

KarateKen
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
KarateKen wrote:
Why is that?

I might bet on it.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:

GO CHIEFS!!

As of today, not much has changed as the predictions are concerned with Super Bowl 58 between the 49ers VS the Chiefs.

49ers are still the favorites to win SB 58 at 53.4%

Chiefs still the underdog to win SB 58 at 46.6%

Spread: The 49ers are favored by 2 points

Over/Under: The total number of points expected to be scored is 47.5

Not much to shout about with those stalled predictions. Talks swirling around that this might be Travis Kelce's last NFL game...time will tell.

This year I'm doing sliders for the 1st quarter, hot wings for the 2nd quarter, chips/dips for the 3rd quarter, and pizza for the 4th quarter. What's your Super Bowl foods of choice??

GO CHIEFS!!

DarthPenguin
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me the superbowl is usually on from approx 11pm - 3am so that restricts foods etc. (Especially since the kids and my other half will be in bed asleep!). It is typically the night when i will have the most sweets/cakes in the year though!

Usually will get a bottle of Irn-Bru (the most awesome soft drink known to man!), a couple of chocolate bars, some crisps (potato chips) and maybe a small cake and work my way through them during the game. Hardest part is usually keeping awake at half time! I have very little interest in music so i usually watch a programme on Netflix on my phone while it is on in the background!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthPenguin wrote:
For me the superbowl is usually on from approx 11pm - 3am so that restricts foods etc. (Especially since the kids and my other half will be in bed asleep!). It is typically the night when i will have the most sweets/cakes in the year though!

Usually will get a bottle of Irn-Bru (the most awesome soft drink known to man!), a couple of chocolate bars, some crisps (potato chips) and maybe a small cake and work my way through them during the game. Hardest part is usually keeping awake at half time! I have very little interest in music so i usually watch a programme on Netflix on my phone while it is on in the background!

Do you ever record the games. If so, then you could eat during any given day. Your viewing time slot is terrible for the Super Bowl but what can one do. It was like when the F1 in Las Vegas was held at 10pm locally...that was terrible.

Btw, all of that food I have for the Super Bowl is consumed by not just me. I've help to eat all of that food.

GO CHIEFS!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97 ... 100, 101, 102  Next
Page 96 of 102
Jump to: