Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

LLLEARNER
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan Armstrong wrote:

McGregor has everything to gain with this fight and Mayweather has everything to loose that cannot be payed for with money.

He does have everything to gain, but he also has nothing to lose. If he loses he will still make more money than he has ever seen.

"Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat, without forgetting caution when all is quiet or becoming frightened when danger threatens." ~ Jigaro Kano

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGregor wins against Mayweather by knockout!

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full fight

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QAIvfWQsP5c

McGregor for not being a boxer fighting against the greatest boxer; it is too bad that the fight was stopped before the scheduled 12; as McGregor was winning by points; at least for the first three rounds, being the most dangerous ones for Floyd.

The referee couldn't wait to stop the fight in Mayweather's favor, would he have done the same for McGregor?

Everything including the referee was in Mayweather's favor, except the notorious McGregor; Well done Conor!!!

TJ-Jitsu
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Gracie Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, not really.

Mayweather had even said if it goes the distance, Mac wins by default. He wasn't in it to win rounds, he was in it to knock mac out. He didn't throw punches in the first 3- this was intentional. Mac was also not ahead on the scorecards until the fight was stopped.

I find irony in that Mac takes a page out of Ali's book with his smack talk, but got rope-a-doped by Mayweather taking a page out of the same fighters book... Mayweather was never in danger, was never dazed, and was never in danger of losing the fight. Just because it looked close on the cards doesn't really suggest it is because mac never mounted any credible offense.

It reminds me of a local tourney about a decade ago when Rhadi Ferguson was competing. He was a quality abu dhabi vet, and the "regular" guys in his division knew this. As such, none of them ever really tried to beat him, they just did their damdest to "not" lose or lose by as little as possible. As a result all of his victories were by points, 2-0 as his opponents just avoided and defended so as to be able to claim "I must be of his caliber, he only won by two points." They ignore the fact that they never once mounted any credible offense. In regards to Mac, I think he did try to mount an offense and did try to KO Mayweather- he just couldn't do it because he cant. He simply cannot be Mayweather in a boxing ring- period.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm personally glad that that fights done and over with, and the winner wasn't really a surprise to me. I did believe that the fight wouldn't go beyond the 8th round, with Mayweather the victor.

While McGregor might've won the earlier rounds, whereas McGregor won the early battles, but it was Mayweather that won the war. That's what counts!

Mayweathers plan to wait McGregor out worked. McGregor was fatigued, and was hanging on by the TKO by an almost invisible thread of hope.

Mayweather showed what experience brings you. In Mayweather's case, his experience brought him to a 50-0 professional record. And McGregor's lack of experience brought him to a 0-1 professional record...and a $100 Million paycheck...not bad for a pro-debut!!

McGregor showed heart...all heart. My caps off to McGregor for going toe to toe with one of the greatest champions that boxing has ever begotten. At the TKO, McGregor was wanting to continue...“Let the man put me down,”McGregor said.

In the face of defeat, McGregor fought the good fight. Even Mayweather was impressed and surprised with McGregor's abilities...“He’s a lot better than I thought he’d be,” Mayweather said. “He’s a tough competitor. … He kind of shocked me.”

McGregor landed 111 times on Mayweather, and Mayweather is known for avoiding being hit, no matter how hard one tries to hit him, it's a very difficult thing to accomplish.

Yahoo sports best said it...

No, Conor McGregor didn’t win the boxing match Saturday. He won his share of everything else though, earning respect for lasting as long as he did, taking the early rounds as Mayweather let him tire out, and then standing tall in defeat and actually asking for more."--Dan Wetzel

Even in defeat, McGregor won!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: