Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aurik wrote:
KarateKen wrote:
I'm sad to report this tragic story.

Former NHL player Adam Johnson died after taking a stake to the neck during a hockey game on October 28, in England. I did not watch the video but from what I read it was a collision and a fluke accident. Johnson had previously played for the Pittsburgh Penguins. He was 29 years old.

Apparently he got cut in the neck by a skate blade. I assume it sliced his carotid artery. This has happened at the NHL level, and it was only by the quick intervention of the medical staff that the player survived. That's the reason that goalies are now required to wear neck protection. I'm pretty sure they're going to require players to wear neck/throat protection going forward.

Man, that's tragic. Thoughts and prayers with his family and friends.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
aurik wrote:
KarateKen wrote:
I'm sad to report this tragic story.

Former NHL player Adam Johnson died after taking a stake to the neck during a hockey game on October 28, in England. I did not watch the video but from what I read it was a collision and a fluke accident. Johnson had previously played for the Pittsburgh Penguins. He was 29 years old.

Apparently he got cut in the neck by a skate blade. I assume it sliced his carotid artery. This has happened at the NHL level, and it was only by the quick intervention of the medical staff that the player survived. That's the reason that goalies are now required to wear neck protection. I'm pretty sure they're going to require players to wear neck/throat protection going forward.

Man, that's tragic. Thoughts and prayers with his family and friends.

I wholeheartedly agree!!

KarateKen
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: Karate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Five of the nine games on Monday went into overtime, seven of the nine decided by one goal. Lots of good action in the first month of the season, many close games.

Meanwhile the New York Rangers just swept a five-game road trip beating Winnipeg in OT on Monday.

KarateKen
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Busy day in the NHL with 15 games, Devils and Ducks are the only two teams that are idle.

Oilers continue to struggle losing today against Nashville. They fall to 2-7-1.

Winnipeg broke a four-game losing streak by beating Arizona. San Jose, who lost 10-1 to Vancouver the other night, might be able to get their first win of the season against the Penguins, who have also struggled early. The red hot NY Rangers are in Minnesota, and the big game of the night is the last one, Colorado at Vegas, the top two teams in the West, and the last two Stanley Cup winners, face off for the first time this year.

Exciting day of early November hockey.

KarateKen
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boston loses to Detroit 5-4 and Boston has now suffered their first regulation loss, dropping them to 9-1-1. Vegas is the best team in the league right now, they dominated Colorado tonight 7-0 and have not lost in regulation this year, the only team that can still say that. They are 11-0-1, somehow losing an OT game to Chicago last week.

I feel back for Sharks fans. Sharks lost 10-2 tonight after losing 10-1 on Thursday making it the first time since 1965 that a team has given up 10 or more goals in back-to-back games. They drop to 0-10-1.

Hey Minnesota got a win and cooled off the NY Rangers, 5-4 in a SO. Other winners included Vancouver, Calgary, Washington, NY Islanders, Chicago, Buffalo, Tampa Bay, Carolina, St, Louis, and the LA Kings.

Both the Devils and Ducks were off Saturday but see action on Sunday, NJ is in Chicago and Anaheim is in Anaheim where they will try and defeat Vegas.

KarateKen
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devils win against Chicago 4-2 and NJ keeps winning even though Jack Hughes is out with an injury.

The Ducks hand Vegas their first regulation loss of the season, now every team in the league has at least one regulation loss this year. Ducks are a young team and a franchise that hasn't been to the playoffs in a while, but they are looking good early this year, currently on a six-game winning streak.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing lasts forever.

The Ducks gave the Knights their first loss yesterday in Anaheim by the final score of 4-2.

Knights have a record this very young season 11-1-1; Still tons of the season to play!!

GO KNIGHTS!!

KarateKen
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to the San Jose Sharks on their first win of the season! They beat Philadelphia 2-1 Tuesday night and now every team in the league has at least one win.

Sharks play at home against Edmonton on Thursday and with how bad the Oilers have been the Sharks could go on a two-game winning streak. No, seriously, the Oilers self-destructed against the Vancouver the other night in an embarrassing 6-2 loss. Maybe that was rock bottom, and they are going to turn it around but so far it has been a terrible start to the year for the Oilers.

KarateKen
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the loss to San Jose last night there has been a lot of talk about the Oilers maybe changing their head coach. They won't, yet. However if they lose on Saturday in Seattle then heads could roll. Saturday is the last game of the road trip and the ownership will look at options then. Hard to imagine the Oilers having a start like this. I thought that the meltdown on Tuesday was rock bottom, and they would bounce back and win against the Sharks, but they only scored two goals against a poor San Jose defense.

Meanwhile the Sharks are on a two-game winning streak and go for three in a row in Vegas tonight. Knights have lost two straight so we will see if these trends continue.

Doubt it. I expect Vegas to win big.

Boston has the best record in the NHL as of this posting and are actually on pace to have a better regular season than a year ago when they set the all time record for wins. I don't expect them to keep this pace all season but they are sure off to a good start. Vancouver is also crushing it right now.

KarateKen
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oilers head coach Jay Woodcraft has been fired after the teams disappointing start. Oilers are 3-9-1. They hired AHL coach Kris Knoblock as the replacement. Maybe this will turn things around for the Oilers who are too talented to be near the bottom of the league.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 8 of 25
Jump to: