Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wayofaswede wrote:
Yes, I would like more training sessions and two dojos each week to choose from to maybe be able to increase the amount of training each week. But today we were back in our club dojo, my daughter was happy, enjoyed the session a lot and was more committed than any session last semester. Maybe she needed to ”see the grass on the other side” of the proverbial fence to really appreciate the training of our club. She really enjoys to keep performing techniques on her dad as well .

I told C I afterwards that she had been thinking about quitting but now have decided to continue in our club. He answered that they will make sure to take more care of her progress as well and help her improve at her current level.

Of course it’s a challenging situation for her. Today we were all teenagers and adults, only brown and black belts - and my little brave 8-yearold with her yellow belt with a single stripe.

Anyhow, the decision has been made, the semester fee has been paid. And I will keep cherishing the father-daughter-time we will keep having together each Saturday.

Bruised but happy after three rounds of ”full contact” kumite with three different partners before the advanced session ended, I can finally definitely say: Spring semester of club training has begun!

Brought a big smile to my face while reading your post, Wayofaswede. Seems that you and your daughter have many years together on the floor. I loved it when you said that your daughter was on the floor as a yellow belt amongst the brown and black belts which speaks in volumes about the CI and the dojo.

Train hard and train well.

aurik
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

Styles: Shuri-Ryu, Uechi-Ryu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wayofaswede wrote:
Yes, I would like more training sessions and two dojos each week to choose from to maybe be able to increase the amount of training each week. But today we were back in our club dojo, my daughter was happy, enjoyed the session a lot and was more committed than any session last semester. Maybe she needed to ”see the grass on the other side” of the proverbial fence to really appreciate the training of our club. She really enjoys to keep performing techniques on her dad as well .

I told C I afterwards that she had been thinking about quitting but now have decided to continue in our club. He answered that they will make sure to take more care of her progress as well and help her improve at her current level.

Of course it’s a challenging situation for her. Today we were all teenagers and adults, only brown and black belts - and my little brave 8-yearold with her yellow belt with a single stripe.

Anyhow, the decision has been made, the semester fee has been paid. And I will keep cherishing the father-daughter-time we will keep having together each Saturday.

Bruised but happy after three rounds of ”full contact” kumite with three different partners before the advanced session ended, I can finally definitely say: Spring semester of club training has begun!

I'm glad to hear that you and your mini-me were able to decide on continuing with your current club. Honestly, when I was a low-rank (white/yellow belt), I would always enjoy training with the right black belts, because they would always give me pointers and help me improve my technique. So hopefully your fellow advanced students will give your daughter the same treatment.

Good luck on your training this semester, both of you!
Uechi-Ryu 2018-Present - Nidan
ABS Bladesmith 2021-Present - Apprentice

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome! Glad you two are getting to keep at it together!

Wayofaswede
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Shito-ryu, Goju-ryu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, bushidoman. All support during the ”bumps” along the MA road from you and the others here means a lot

Not a day without a kata

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wayofaswede wrote:
Thanks, bushidoman. All support during the ”bumps” along the MA road from you and the others here means a lot

I appreciate that.

Wayofaswede
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Shito-ryu, Goju-ryu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

…and thank you Sensei and Aurik, missed that you had posted (blame it on the phone display )

Not a day without a kata
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25
Page 25 of 25
Jump to: