Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

taezee
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay allrightee then

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jack,
I'm glad you took some of my advice. You sweated like a pig? ewwww!!!
But good!
Shadowboxing is good cardio but really you must invest in a heavy bag for resistance training. I feel it is a must for any martial artist to work on kicks and punches outside of the dojo/club. Do those hooks to the bag in horsestance (much like a sissy squat) and left right hook to the body...bring them up to the head continuously up and down for as long as you physically can stand it!
My shoulders are so awesome and I've worked my biceps and triceps in this way (among doing other heavy bag punching) because I dislike weight training -for me- for my upper body. I would rather perfect my punching abilities for sparring plus reap the benefits of a great bod!

Deby

If there is a righteousness in the heart, there will be beauty in character,beauty in the character, there will be harmony in thehome. Harmony in the home, there will be order in the nation.When there is order in the nation, there will be peace on earth.

This Message was edited by: KickChick on Aug 16, 2001 5:57am

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure you have one Debs

Argh all this disagreement, I'll go with the Horse riding stance hooks, the punches with weights and military presses for my shoulders... I don't wanna give myself too many exercises to do though, they could prove to be a waste of time and energy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

military presses only work the upper shoulder, also, like i sid, try lattarl rise and upper row.

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there like some one big helpful sight which explains all of these methods, with step by step instructions, recommended resistance, and a video/set of pictures ?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok.. I'm crazy.. I only spend about 20 minutes a session weight training 2 or 3 times a week and I am HUGE!! I guess if you want to spend hours in the gym, you can do what MTB says, and you will get the same size (or smaller) or you can do my quick workout and get on with your life.

Military press-- sit on a bench upright and just press the dumbbell or barbell above your head, try to concentrate on your shoulders doing the movement. Keep your elbows pointed out to the side and not forward. Push the weight up as fast as you can without using a jerk to build momentum. Lower the weight ina controlled fashion and go again. Use enough weight that you can't do 8 reps.

I'm not sure of any online sites that may help you out, but you can check on search engines. I'm sure you'll find something.

Stick with my total body workout plan that I gave to you in the other post and you'll have the body you want, Jack.

P.S. don't worry about working "upper" "lower" and "middle" shoulder muscles.. You'll be working all three when you do a military press.

I am IFPA certified as a personal trainer. I have placed 2nd place in the US Armed forces national bodybuilding tournament. I spend less than 90 minutes total per week training with weights. I can press 400# and i'm 5'2" tall. Hey, I'm crazy, don't follow my advice.

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy but smart!

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy but smart!

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, thanks again Ken

MuayTB1, ouch my eyes... nice blue belt there

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I know, I love my belt. Why would I want to use a black belt when I have a bule belt. Haahah.

Ps.
My plan works to. It not only work, it kick *.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: