Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

taezee
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would actually recomend a subscription for mens health and fitness..this magazine has excellent articles..and many sections on proper weight training...

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, that is where I got the plan form, men's heath. It is very funny and good. So my plan can't be bull.

Do my plan instead ok.

havoc
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is no right or wrong answers. there is so much that goes into weightlifting that dictates success and failure. especially when a specific goal is intended. for example, powerlifters would not use a bodybuilders routine, but yet there are some pretty big guys. why? who knows.probably due to their muscle fiber makeup.generally if you want strength you stay in the 3-6 rep range using multi-joint movements like the squat,or bench.muscle growth tends to be considered best in the 8-12 rep range. and endurance can be obtained in the 15-20 range. other things are to be considered also. when building strength you don't want to work the muscle you want to work the movement. whats this mean?in the bench you would want to explode from the bottom and let the neg. part of the movement(the lowering)be swift but controlled. you don't want to go for pump or feel like you would in bbing.the most important thing in the quest for size is nutrition. you need calories. you need the protein for maintaining and rebuilding muscle, you need the fats to keep your hormones in full bloom and you need carbs for energy but also for the post workout insulin spikes.

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TB1, Ken, stop trying to pimp your workouts on me please, it's like two salesmen trying to get you to buy THEIR double glazing

I am going with Ken's idea, and if after a month or so I find it isn't doing anything for me, then I'll try TB1's. Ken's however does not need much time, which is important to me since School and homework take the majority of the day... I can manage 20-30 minutes a day pretty easily.

Thanks everyone for their input though, especially TB1 and Ken.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jack....these guys should keep in mind your age. Start off slow...you've got time to get that muscular body

...check you pm I will send you a link to a guy who is your age that has found a program that works for him...Like I said you hafta find what works for yu taking into consideration your body type....and age.

Deby

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kickchick I'll have a look... and stop making me blush!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

moobrack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey kickchick.I was also looking for some advice about how to bulk up.I am 14 and quite skinny.I would like to bulk up.Any advice you can PM me.Thanx a lot.

www.universaldojo.com Coming Soon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moobrack, the link she gave me could help you too... one second lemme find link...

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.angelfire.com/nj/muscles/

fear teh muscles heh

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bear in mind...its this own kids personal opinion and what he has found that works for him. You can find a slew of personal web pages from guys your ages....just the feedback would be great for you two!

Deby
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: