Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

JazzKicker
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Hapkido, JKD, TSD

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My personal goal continues to be, whatever I do for training, to do it 2-3 times per week.

On this "Anniversary Day" for Karate Forums, I'm reminded, the most important thing is to show up, to be consistent. The support of others, in whatever form, is helpful in maintaining that discipline.

Earlier this year, whether it was shorter days, or weather, or pandemic-related isolation, things like jogging or doing forms in my back yard, I slacked off on.
It always hurts more and is less productive to be spotty. Now I'm back running 2-3 times per week, and it feels much better.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear you on the consistency. I'm suffering through a crappy work schedule that precludes me from making it to classes right now. But, I've been able to keep up my strength training, so I take solace in that. If my schedule balances out here soon, I hope to start doing some some solo training at the TKD room.

DarthPenguin
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan, Judo, BJJ

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for raising an old thread from the dead but i thought putting down some goals in black and white where other people can see them might be a good idea (am very tempted by the idea of a log like bushido_man's )

For me challenges are:

short/medium/long term

-Get my lifting numbers back up : took too long out of the gym and numbers have regressed pathetically. I want to see a gradual improvement on a monthly basis

medium term

-Earn my next belt at bjj. got multiple injuries and took a lot of time off the mats. Back consistently now and want my purple and onwards! Trying to use the fact that my new coach is a bb now and a former training partner as an incentive that it is indeed doable!
-Re-earn my Shotokan Shodan. Have started back and working my way through the grades again. I want to earn every belt and be confident i have earned the bb again when i get it

longer term

-Progress through the dan grades at shotokan. I'm getting older but i would like to learn more and get more skilled.
-Eventually earn my bjj bb (i said it was long term!)

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool to see you considering a log, DarthPenguin.

I want you to know, however, that it is not "my log." It's a thread I started for anyone and everyone to share their training. Somewhere along the way, others dropped off.

So, if you feel so inclined, please feel free to post your training log along with mine!

DarthPenguin
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
Cool to see you considering a log, DarthPenguin.

I want you to know, however, that it is not "my log." It's a thread I started for anyone and everyone to share their training. Somewhere along the way, others dropped off.

So, if you feel so inclined, please feel free to post your training log along with mine!

Thanks, i appreciate the clarification.

Since part of the reason for posting a log would be to hold myself accountable i'd likely post my own one, since then i would be faced with "last post on Date X" and that would be a good reminder to keep it active!

smuraix1
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Shotokan, Shindo jinen Ryu, C.Gracie Lineage jiu jitsu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My personal fitness challenge is similar. Overall, I want to get my diet under control, which lays the foundation to all my goals..
Im a sucker for potatoes (baked, fried etc) I need to lay of certain foods and eat healthier. I really see the effects of eating unhealthy when I have rolling sessions.

Fat Cobra
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Ryukyu Kempo

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In less than 2 months I turn 50. I have the following goals then set before I turn 51. (Note: All of these things I have done or exceeded before, but not in a while)

Right now I am physically able to do a lot, but I am overweight. My health is good, but my cholesterol is a little high and my triglycerides doubled over the last year (eeek!). So getting my diet healthier is something I have to do.

Categories -- Current Level // Goal
Bench Press -- 1RM = 260 // Goal = 300
Deadlift -- 1RM = 370 // Goal = 400
Run 3 miles -- run/walk in 38min or less // Goal = Run in 30 min or less
Kettle Bell Snatch Challenge (100 snatches in 10min w/24kg bell) -- unknown current level // Goal = 10 minutes
Acrobatics -- Currently can do a combat roll, headstand, cartwheel // Goal = Handstand and hold
Diet = Currently eat high protein diet, but lots of processed food // Goal = Eat healthier, lower triglycerides and cholesterol
Weigh = Currently 243 lbs. // Goal = 210 lbs.

I know some of these are tough, but this is my goal to accomplish before I turn 51 (July of 2024)!

Karate no michi!

DarthPenguin
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Cobra wrote:
In less than 2 months I turn 50. I have the following goals then set before I turn 51. (Note: All of these things I have done or exceeded before, but not in a while)

Right now I am physically able to do a lot, but I am overweight. My health is good, but my cholesterol is a little high and my triglycerides doubled over the last year (eeek!). So getting my diet healthier is something I have to do.

Categories -- Current Level // Goal
Bench Press -- 1RM = 260 // Goal = 300
Deadlift -- 1RM = 370 // Goal = 400
Run 3 miles -- run/walk in 38min or less // Goal = Run in 30 min or less
Kettle Bell Snatch Challenge (100 snatches in 10min w/24kg bell) -- unknown current level // Goal = 10 minutes
Acrobatics -- Currently can do a combat roll, headstand, cartwheel // Goal = Handstand and hold
Diet = Currently eat high protein diet, but lots of processed food // Goal = Eat healthier, lower triglycerides and cholesterol
Weigh = Currently 243 lbs. // Goal = 210 lbs.

I know some of these are tough, but this is my goal to accomplish before I turn 51 (July of 2024)!

Karate no michi!

Some pretty good goals there! Am sure you will smash them
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: