Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
Yes, I feel pretty snappy lately. Praise God!! Thank you, Brian for your love and support. You're the best friend that anyone could ever ask for.

Thank you all for your love and support during this fight of fights; means everything to me and my family.

:bowofresoect:
Thanks for those kind words, Bob. You are very, very welcome.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the updates, Bob.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

02/09/2023 9am for an MRI Lumbar Spine with and without contrast. DONE!!
As I've mentioned before, MRI's aren't my most favorite scene because I'm claustrophobic. I actually freaked out as I was inserted into the MRI machine, inasmuch that I tell the tech quite forcefully to get me out...but I take a few breaths in order to collect my wits about myself...I feel better enough that I ask for the tests to continue.

I can barely see the opening whenever I tilt my eyes back as far as I can see in order to see that opening...I'm INSIDE this fandangled contraption. "Breath Bob...just breath!!"

This MRI also takes 30 minutes.

Like last time I had a MRI back in December 2022, the Tech piped some fantastic rock n' roll through the headsets, like, Queen, Billy Joel, The Beatles, Journey and Eagles so I didn't quite mind the MRI tunnel...just as long as I kept my eyes closed. The last 5 minutes, which turned into 10 minutes because the Tech has to redo a scan, the tech gave me a shot in my left arm this time. This shot is a dye that helps the doctors see things much clearly.

This Monday or Tuesday I'll get my blood work done. I didn't do my blood work on 2/10/2023 because I forgot.

February 21, 2023 is my appointment with Dr. Goodman. It was supposed to
be on February 17, 2023 but it was rescheduled. This appointment will be a Progress Report as well as Treatment Plan.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like MRIs either, Bob. Very discomforting. I'm hoping your test comes back great!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
I don't like MRIs either, Bob. Very discomforting. I'm hoping your test comes back great!

Thank you so very much, Brian!! I too, hope to hear more great news from Dr. Goodman.

Good luck at the Super Bowl tomorrow!! GO CHIEFS!!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Visited with Dr. Goodman, my Medical Oncologist, on Tuesday February 21, 2023 at 8am for a follow-up appointment.

UPDATE:

>All of my recent MRI's show NO TRACEABLE Cancer like there was before. No Cancer anymore in either my T12 or L4. Dr. Goodman spoke about those findings...

"All test results were very good; very encouraging. Your MRI's show no cancer where we knew there was before. So that's very good news, so everything has healed up really well." said Dr. Goodman.

>Dr. Goodman is prescribing me Physical Therapy because the cancer did damage my spine at my T12 and L4, which is why my transitioning, for one thing, has desperately waned in that regards. Also, my spine has become weaker over the 2 plus years that I've been fighting my prostate cancer.

It's very difficult for me to stand up from a seated position all of the time. I use a cane, if the store has a handicap scooter I use it while shopping, I can't stand longer that 15 minutes, and I can't walk no more than 25 feet without having to sit down. I'm still handicapped, and because of that, I've Social Security Disability.

My hopes is that I continue to lose weight and my body becomes much more stronger than what I am now.

>Dr. Goodman prescribed me Venlafaxine 37.5mg to help me with my Heat Flashes that I experience every day because of my Treatment Shots every 4 months of Eligard. It's side effects of this new medication concerns me because it can cause my heart to race, and someone with Afib I don't need my heart to race any faster that what it already does, which is 87bpm.

>My PSA is STILL at ZERO, which is GREAT!! We still need to keep a very close eye on it.

>I asked Dr. Goodman if I was still at Stage 3 and he said...

"In terms of the cancer, we're still not seeing any signs of cancer, usually when you have a Stage it stays with you, however, you are in complete remission from the treatments. That's the real good news. You're doing really well."

>Even after my last Treatment Shot in February 2024, I'll still be receiving Surveillance Treatments...

"The Surveillance Treatment where we're going to watch things very closely to make sure that things stay put. The continued Treatments are like whenever you are prescribed any medication, the doctor always encourages the patient to take all of the medication even if you're feeling better. That's what we're doing with the continued Treatment plan for you", says Dr. Goodman.

>Dr. Goodman wants to see me increase my activity and get more Physical Therapy so I can get much stronger.

My next appointment with Dr. Goodman is May 23, 2023.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is all great news. I'm so happy for you, Bob!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so very much, Brian!!

To everyone here at KF I want to seriously thank each and every one of you who have supported and prayed for me during this past 2.5 year fight to help me kick cancer to the curb.

The fight is still on, however, with you all in my corner, the light at the end of the tunnel, which was once very dim, burns much brighter than ever before.

THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!!

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really nice to hear. Congrats Bob.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so very much, Patrick, in ways I can never fully express to you. Just know that these words aren't idle words because I mean them with all of my heart.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 25 of 28
Jump to: