Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your support across the board!! Somehow I feel it's my fault, somehow and someway; not a second goes by that I blame myself. Maybe if I stayed true to the previous mission, the mission that birthed this thread, but I failed in maintaining that mission goal, even though I'm back on the right track in that regard.

I just don't know anymore.

mazzybear
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Wado Kai

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry to hear this Bob, you and your family are in my thoughts at what I know will be a difficult time.

I have absolutely no doubt you will hit this head on, you are a natural fighter after all. Stay strong and know we are all with you, every step of the way!!

Mo.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mazzybear wrote:
So sorry to hear this Bob, you and your family are in my thoughts at what I know will be a difficult time.

I have absolutely no doubt you will hit this head on, you are a natural fighter after all. Stay strong and know we are all with you, every step of the way!!

Mo.

Thank you so very much, Mo!!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weights falling off, but at a dismal slow rate due to me throwing my back out...again...3 steps, 5 step back progress. I'm limited, for the moment, to only walk in the gyms swimming pool for 30-45 minutes. I do several different drills in the pool, not just walking, which of course, that's all I could do at first. Not cleared by my doctor to return to the cardio and free weights areas due to my doctor doesn't want me to aggravate my lower back more than necessary.

Going 3 days per week, one time each day, at doctor orders; rest between workouts is essential. If I had my way, I'd get out of the pool and do 5 days a week, but that's stupid and irresponsible of me.

On another note, I've a Urologist appointment this Thursday, and well hopefully get a firm date for my prostate biopsy...the sooner. the better.

My Afib is still here, and my Cardiologist is in no rush to perform another Cardiac Inversion until I drop much more weight, which was my own dumb fault for falling off that wagon like an idiot. Back to living that healthy lifestyle once again and watching my diet like a hawk, and exercising whenever my lower back doesn't have a mind of its own. As far as the weight regain is concerned, yes I regained some weight back, but not all of it like it was when this particular journey began. Any weight gain isn't acceptable, and I'll not fall of that wagon again; I only need a brick to hit me in my head only once to get my attention.

I falling apart!!

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's rough, Bob, throwing out your back again. At least you have the option of using the pool, which is good to be doing something. Keep at it, and remember to moderate!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to my latest MRI, my lower back problems will haunt me for the rest of my life, as will my neck; chronic as they might be, this dog's not going down without a fight.

And you're absolutely correct, Brian, about keeping it moderate, even though that's not my style...I'm just now learning to be moderate.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
Page 21 of 21
Jump to: