Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG What is this in the Octagon?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S6x1kRnGNU0

A glimpse in to the future!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2gSR0dqZwbo

Girl vs Goliath

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IvSwpsw7d_E

Male vs Female MMA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3KQACh4Yv_k

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DWx wrote:
sensei8 wrote:
I understand the differences concerning height and weight differences, and all of that. I don't take those concerns lightly, and I know that they weigh heavy on the minds of many MAist.

An individual who's complete in their totality as a MAists, isn't concerned the slightest whether an opponent is or isn't an elite athlete and the like, just the person that stands before them!!

And if that MAist is even the slightest concerned whether an opponent is an elite athlete or the like then it's very possible that that MAist isn't complete in their totality, therefore, the fights already been lost, before it ever began.

I'm not saying to not adequately prepare themselves for the tasks before you in the Nth degree. That's always a great idea.

What I was taught, and what my knowledge and experience are, weight and height, to me, are inconsequential because, the opponent and myself are MAists, and there's more than one way to skin a cat. After all, if David can defeat Goliath soundly, then so can YOU/I!!

So would you step into the ring with the current men's heavyweight Stipe Miocic? Or how about Michael Bisping? Conor McGregor? I'm sure you believe in your own abilities and I don't doubt that you have infinite skill and knowledge, but would that be enough?

Danielle, you're a 3rd Dan. In being a 3rd Dan, you've both the knowledge and experience; that must count for something of value. I believe that you've the effectiveness to defend yourself against the person that stands before you. Your instructor believed in you across the board, and that's why he promoted you!!

This is me! This is what I was taught, and therefore, this is what I teach!

I'm never ever concerned with height and/or weight and/or the notoriety of my opponent. No matter who it is! Mayweather, McGregor, Gracie, Bruce Lee, My Soke, My Dai-Soke, Urquidez, an Olympian, or whomever else it might be.

Why?

Mizu No Kokoro and Tsuki No Kokoro means something and everything; solid maxims!! I believe in them wholeheartedly!!

I'm fighting the person that's before me!!

No matter my opponent, no matter what they might bring with them, I always do this:

*Study your opponent
*Study yourself
*Make a plan
*Carry the plan out

Of course, this changes and occurs constantly until the very end of the fight. One will win...one will lose! But not until the end arrives! In a matter of seconds, I'll have a solid appreciation of the opponent that stands before me as to his/her knowledge and experience, in which, I"ll then make the necessary adjustments in my approach & the like toward my opponent.

I've my share of knowledge and experience of my own. My opponent doesn't have the monopoly on that; I will get a turn...too!!

So, yeah, I'd have no qualms and the like about facing Stipe Miocic, Michael Bisping, or Conor McGregor; bring them on!! They're nothing special to me; they're human beings, just like me, they put their pants on one leg at a time!!

I'm fighting the person that's before me!!

Yes, they're much younger than me...much better shape than me...much better health than me, but I'm no push-over either!! I'm complete in my totality as a MAist!! I might lose against them...but I also might win too!!

Imho!!

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are too kind sensei8 for educating the critics.

As we are all very much aware that, MMA fighters need to prepare for their bouts ahead of time, studying their opponents, style, moves and habits.

When they loose it's because of not enough time to prepare for the fight, due to being on "Short notice"

Personally and most of the other martial artists out there "Are in the now" to fight at a moments notice and are training this way.

Many in the MMA are prolonging their fights due to enjoying their televised appearances and gaining crowd popularity and new fans; above all keeping the sponsors happy.

Traditional and efficient martial artists end the fight as quickly as possible without showing off or showboating to the audience.

Theses real martial artist pop up from time to time, just to let them know in the MMA how it is supposed to be done.

As for fighting Goliath; I would tell him that:

"In the land of the blind, having one eye makes you king"

"But unfortunately for you, I have two eyes, a great advantage over your one"

"Walk away now Goliath, or walk away later, living in the land of the blind"

"What do you treasure more Goliath, my death or your eyesight?"

As Goliath is a Cyclops, with one eye, he is at greater disadvantage to those with two eyes.

As a Cyclops has no depth perception, only having hight and width to rely upon; he would never know how close or far away the opponent will be.

Girl vs Goliath

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IvSwpsw7d_E

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Male vs Female UFC Fights Reply with quote

Alan Armstrong wrote:
Female UFC fighters, like it or not; they are here to stay.

Eventually with equality and diversity men and women, will be fighting each other in the octagon, in the distant future; it's just a matter of time.

Will you be for or against men and women fighting each other in the octagon?

I don't think this will happen. Look at other professional sports, men's and women's divisions are separate.

Another reason I think we won't see this happen is due to the current climate of domestic violence, specifically men being violent towards women. In a society where we are working to protect women from being abused by men, I don't foresee a company like the UFC actively seeking to pit men and women fighting against each other. It just sends a bad message.

I also think that at the UFC level, it wouldn't be as competitive as many people think. I forget what Rhonda Rousey weighed, but it was under 140 lbs, wasn't it? For all her skill and ability, if she was pitted against a male the same weight, and a UFC caliber fighter, I don't think the fight would be competitive at all. And this is not a knock to women fighters. But women just aren't as physically strong as men are as a rule, and the same would hold true in professional level athletics, if not more so.

Overall, I think it would be a bad idea, send the wrong message, and be bad for business.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
Alan Armstrong wrote:
Female UFC fighters, like it or not; they are here to stay.

Eventually with equality and diversity men and women, will be fighting each other in the octagon, in the distant future; it's just a matter of time.

Will you be for or against men and women fighting each other in the octagon?

I don't think this will happen. Look at other professional sports, men's and women's divisions are separate.

Another reason I think we won't see this happen is due to the current climate of domestic violence, specifically men being violent towards women. In a society where we are working to protect women from being abused by men, I don't foresee a company like the UFC actively seeking to pit men and women fighting against each other. It just sends a bad message.

I also think that at the UFC level, it wouldn't be as competitive as many people think. I forget what Rhonda Rousey weighed, but it was under 140 lbs, wasn't it? For all her skill and ability, if she was pitted against a male the same weight, and a UFC caliber fighter, I don't think the fight would be competitive at all. And this is not a knock to women fighters. But women just aren't as physically strong as men are as a rule, and the same would hold true in professional level athletics, if not more so.

Overall, I think it would be a bad idea, send the wrong message, and be bad for business.
Male vs Female MMA

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but its not UFC, and these aren't UFC-caliber fighters. My comments are in regards to the pinnacle of the sport, the UFC. I knew there had already been some male vs female MMA fights, because there are just people that have no scruples out there willing to promote it. In my opinion, no good will come of it.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
Yes, but its not UFC, and these aren't UFC-caliber fighters.
Sorry I didn't read the small print.

Just put 1on1 male vs female MMA; it looked good enough 99%

Tempest
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Judo, HEMA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan Armstrong wrote:
bushido_man96 wrote:
Yes, but its not UFC, and these aren't UFC-caliber fighters.
Sorry I didn't read the small print.

Just put 1on1 male vs female MMA; it looked good enough 99%

Not really. If you put a purple/brown belt female up against a white belt male about her size, which means he didn't cut and she probably did, in an amateur setting with a school that is all about promoting female martial artists, you get a result like this. It may have even been a demo for the school with a pre-set outcome.

Take the BEST 145lb female in the world right now. Inarguably that is Cyborg right now.

Put her up against ANYONE on the UFC roster with a record at 145, she gets destroyed.
Not beaten. Not "well it was a good fight". DESTROYED. Loses in the first round most likely.

And if it is a ground and pound, the UFC would be out of business within the week from the fan blowback.

mushybees
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Wado ryu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan Armstrong wrote:
Male vs Female MMA

Forgive my cynicism but this looks fake.
There is absolutely no power in any of the strikes. The female fighter has decent ground game but he's appalling. He can neither strike or grapple.
Not to take anything away from the female fighter. She looked sharp but the whole thing looked more like a demonstration than a fight.

Is it just me?

Tempest
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Judo, HEMA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mushybees wrote:
Alan Armstrong wrote:
Male vs Female MMA

Forgive my cynicism but this looks fake.
There is absolutely no power in any of the strikes. The female fighter has decent ground game but he's appalling. He can neither strike or grapple.
Not to take anything away from the female fighter. She looked sharp but the whole thing looked more like a demonstration than a fight.

Is it just me?

No, it's not just you. That guy didn't try to do anything and neither side tried to hit the other with any force.
The guys ground game was horrid, and hers was at least acceptable, although it's hard to say since she wasn't facing an resistance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10
Jump to: